PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

But our owner isn't supposed to own our sponsors.

There's little logic to it, and it has been suggested that if some of these sponsorships were considered related parties City wouldn't have had any ffp problems. Once they are considered unrelated though, the sponsorship can't be funded by the owner.

Well, we can agree on the little logic part. :)

Why would income from the owner be prohibited by FFP?
Because it's owner investment and this is limited by the FFP regulations. This limitation appears to be prohibited by UK and European law but any attempt to challenge the limitation would be very time consuming at the very least.

Because it's owner investment and this is limited by the FFP regulations. This limitation appears to be prohibited by UK and European law but any attempt to challenge the limitation would be very time consuming at the very least.

Is it? I thought it was just losses and (now) wages and amortisation that were controlled?

I also thought the whole premise of the PL is that if the amounts are considered "disguised equity funding" then we fail FFP on the amount of losses we would have made without the income, not on the extra amount of investment.

Or do I have that wrong?

'e' ll park where he wants
Pep Guardiola

Pep needs to drive something a little less conspicuous...

C_71_article_1425789_image_list_image_list_item_1_image.jpg

Is it? I thought it was just losses and (now) wages and amortisation that were controlled?

I also thought the whole premise of the PL is that if the amounts are considered "disguised equity funding" then we fail FFP on the amount of losses we would have made without the income, not on the extra amount of investment.

Or do I have that wrong?
What you outline was not the case when the so called offences were committed, but it seems that the case against City is that the club falsified its accounts to inflate sponsorship income and disguise the fact that it had invested beyond the limits allowed to owners. FFP allowed unlimited income from sponsors (unless they were "related parties") but owner investment was (quite severely) limited.

What you outline was not the case when the so called offences were committed, but it seems that the case against City is that the club falsified its accounts to inflate sponsorship income and disguise the fact that it had invested beyond the limits allowed to owners. FFP allowed unlimited income from sponsors (unless they were "related parties") but owner investment was (quite severely) limited.
Really? I don't remember that, but I must say I didnt pay much attention to FFP until 2014. I thought it had always been results based. No losses over a certain limit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.