PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The fans of other teams , the media etc think this is all about football and cheating in the Prem
You get the feeling that the PL thought they were Billy big bollocks in charge us. Now the real Billy big bollocks are getting involved
This has moved beyond football now, and got to levels that the likes of dippers and scum fans and the media can't comprehend . A member of an overseas royal family, a prominent investor in UK plc is accused of corruption on a massive scale by a no mark organisation in the UK. An investor that could quite easily change the direction of the quality of life in the UK if he decided not to invest in the United kingdom . No government what ever their political views could afford to allow this to happen , so yea this will reach diplomatic level and decisions will be made way above the level of football .

The fans of other teams , the media etc think this is all about football and cheating in the Prem
This has moved beyond football now, and got to levels that the likes of dippers and scum fans and the media can't comprehend . A member of an overseas royal family, a prominent investor in UK plc is accused of corruption on a massive scale by a no mark organisation in the UK. An investor that could quite easily change the direction of the quality of life in the UK if he decided not to invest in the United kingdom . No government what ever their political views could afford to allow this to happen , so yea this will reach diplomatic level and decisions will be made way above the level of football .

Bang on !

I believe our owner and City to have played by the books and to be innocent. If I was Citys owner and had invested billions into the uk only for this kangaroo run PL to accuse me of fraud I would be fuming.

I would be using my friends in high places and threatening to pull my investment out of the uk. I guess in away thats what the red shirts want, our owner to sack us off.
Thing is City are only part of his investment in the UK. If he pulls everything out of the UK the country is fucked !

I'm not the slightest bit convinced that the UK government will be leaning on the PL. Whatever your political views (most on here certainly don't align with mine) I think we can agree that this country is a democracy. That said, if the PL have a set of rules that all clubs have to accept then they are perfectly entitled to issue charges and reach a conclusion. Abu Dhabi is a major investor in UK PLC but this country won't stand or fall regardless of what they do or don't do.

I'm not backing the PL here in any way but the point I'm making is that it is up to the club to fight this and hopefully we get the right outcome. Hoping for a magic bullet to make it all go away is wishful thinking in my view.

I'm not the slightest bit convinced that the UK government will be leaning on the PL. Whatever your political views (most on here certainly don't align with mine) I think we can agree that this country is a democracy. That said, if the PL have a set of rules that all clubs have to accept then they are perfectly entitled to issue charges and reach a conclusion. Abu Dhabi is a major investor in UK PLC but this country won't stand or fall regardless of what they do or don't do.

I'm not backing the PL here in any way but the point I'm making is that it is up to the club to fight this and hopefully we get the right outcome. Hoping for a magic bullet to make it all go away is wishful thinking in my view.

I think Herefordshire was tongue in cheek but I'm sure its happen in the pasted ;) lol

So you are taking this back to a football level ? When it comes to investment in this country the government are not going to allow a major investor to be accused of fraud and have them pull investment out of the country on an accusation, with so far no proof by an organisation like the premier league.

So you are taking this back to a football level ? When it comes to investment in this country the government are not going to allow a major investor to be accused of fraud and have them pull investment out of the country on an accusation, with so far no proof by an organisation like the premier league.
They think they have proof

I think the most the foreign office could do is to advise that the proof has to be clear and obvious (to quote VAR rules!)

There is no magic bullet. If there was it wouldn’t have got this far in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.