PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I have said before that all this talk of off the books payments is utter crap, if there was any truth in it at all it would have come to light a long, long time ago.

Just think of the number of people who would be involved, the players, their agents, their own accountants just to name a few. They would all be committing fraud if they were hiding these payments.Then consider the number of players we have had on our books since the takeover. All it would take is for one disgrunteld player or agent to go to the press and they would be a queue a mile long of journalists wanting to buy the story. Has anyone ever come forward? Given the efforts of the clubs trying to bring us down you would imagine they would be offering huge incentives for anyone who could provide the evidence. And yet over 10 years later the best anyone has been able to come up with is a doctored email.

If we were making these additional payments off the books then why would players ever want to leave? People (rags) would have you believe that Sterling was on £200k a week but then received another £100k off the books making his true wage £300k a week. So when Chelsea agree terms with him why would he accept anything less than £300k? Chelsea would have a good idea what he was earning with us and if they suddenly were asked to stump up £350k a week they would be asking questions.

Its all smoke and mirrors.

I wonder if the PL might have a look at Everton rather than trying to find minor discrepancies in our accounts from over a decade ago?

Looks very much like Usmanov owns Everton, or at least a very big slice of it. Hard to come to any other conclusion.

The fact is Usmanov is a convicted fraudster who was later pardoned, probably for political reasons. He should have no involvement with football. End of.

Doesn’t fill you with confidence that a news paper can pick this up but a Premier League audit on Everton’s accounts can’t. Really worrying if you support Everton the financial state they have been allowed to fall into. Weren’t these FFP regulations brought in to stop this happening? Instead they are using it to go after City for accounts that are 14 years old.

Doesn’t fill you with confidence that a news paper can pick this up but a Premier League audit on Everton’s accounts can’t. Really worrying if you support Everton the financial state they have been allowed to fall into. Weren’t these FFP regulations brought in to stop this happening? Instead they are using it to go after City for accounts that are 14 years old.
I guess City's lawyers will be able to point out any differences in the PL applying FFP rules and possible PL double standards when they rebuff the charges. Rules are for everyone.

I have said before that all this talk of off the books payments is utter crap, if there was any truth in it at all it would have come to light a long, long time ago.

Just think of the number of people who would be involved, the players, their agents, their own accountants just to name a few. They would all be committing fraud if they were hiding these payments.Then consider the number of players we have had on our books since the takeover. All it would take is for one disgrunteld player or agent to go to the press and they would be a queue a mile long of journalists wanting to buy the story. Has anyone ever come forward? Given the efforts of the clubs trying to bring us down you would imagine they would be offering huge incentives for anyone who could provide the evidence. And yet over 10 years later the best anyone has been able to come up with is a doctored email.

If we were making these additional payments off the books then why would players ever want to leave? People (rags) would have you believe that Sterling was on £200k a week but then received another £100k off the books making his true wage £300k a week. So when Chelsea agree terms with him why would he accept anything less than £300k? Chelsea would have a good idea what he was earning with us and if they suddenly were asked to stump up £350k a week they would be asking questions.

Its all smoke and mirrors.
A lot of questions should be asked of anyone's mindset who is willing to pay Raheem Sterling 350k a week for playing football

The fact is Usmanov is a convicted fraudster who was later pardoned, probably for political reasons. He should have no involvement with football. End of.

Slightly off topic lol

Where I live a struck off solicitor who stole from his clients is in charge of a company trying to reopen manston airport. The government report says is a no go'er. But the two local MP'S supporter him. The government have ignored the independent reviews and give permission to reopen the airport port. First he has to raise 500million quid. Who in the right mind would invest in a company run by struck off solicitor for nicking clients moneys and an our MP who is a director of an aircraft haulage company !.

I guess my point is how these people can get others to believe in them ! I wouldnt trust them with 50p.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.