PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm not sure how you've drawn that conclusion. It's not Maguire who said anything about the PL having irrefutable evidence - that was the author of the article. And whenever I've seen Maguire speak on the topic of FFP, City, and our finances, he's always spoken well without a hint of bias. If anything, unlike most of the other assorted cunts who have something to say about it, he talks about City and our business model in glowing terms.
Apologies mate you’re right I got him mixed up with someone else.

I reckon this will be sorted before the start of next season for a couple of reasons;

1) from the little we know, there is nothing new in the PL charges so City will have had our "irrefutable" evidence prepared long ago, not least for the UEFA hearing.

2) In the unlikely event that there is something new, City will have been alerted to it prior to the charges being made, even during the course of the investigation. No  fair investigation proceeds straight to charges without giving the subject of the enquiry a chance to explain what investigators think they are seeing.

I reckon this will be sorted before the start of next season for a couple of reasons;

1) from the little we know, there is nothing new in the PL charges so City will have had our "irrefutable" evidence prepared long ago, not least for the UEFA hearing.

2) In the unlikely event that there is something new, City will have been alerted to it prior to the charges being made, even during the course of the investigation. No  fair investigation proceeds straight to charges without giving the subject of the enquiry a chance to explain what investigators think they are seeing.

Perhaps the stress on the word " fair " is they key in this investigation ?

Especially if driven by the redshirt brigade whose major driver would appear to be " jealousy ".

I have always felt that City will get off with this, as in reality it appears to be rather trivial

However I do not believe that this was an attempt to stop City using legal means, it was to change the narrative, to taint the clubs achievements unfortunately for now they have succeeded
" get off" ?
Sniff sniff

So, we're almost 9 months on since the charges, does it take that long to prepare a prosecution and defense after a four year witchunt?
Anybody from a legal background hazard a reasonable accurate guess at the state of play, or is this a case even our legal experts are gazumped on?
I'm not a legal expert, I'm just always getting involved in beefs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.