PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My Spuds season ticket holding country cousins are lapping it up. One sent me a message saying next year's derby will be against Oldham Athletic!

One's an accountant, & one's a computer analyst, but both are as dunce as fuck where football's concerned & I can't even be arsed explaining beyond the headlines what the true situation is.

I merely told them to connect the dots.

The government announce they're considering an independent football regulator, within hours the PL charge City.

The government announce they're setting up an independent football regulator, within hours the PL find Everton guilty.

I love my family, but for fuck's sake they're as thick as pig shit where the nuances of football are concerned.

OR perhaps they just couldn't give a shit, because a PL without City benefits Spuds. Probably a bit of both. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
It never benefited them when we were shit and in League 2 so no idea why it would now.

The Premier league and all the parasites in the media are blatantly accusing some of the most powerful people and companies in several lines of accounting, auditing and business management in the world of fraud without any investigation and just on the word of mouth back and forth between each other resulting in football fans frothing the world over believing we’re cheats. I had a Boro fan greet me this morning “have you seen the news on Everton? Your lot next , you’ll be gone you cheating bastards” . I can’t wait to see these fuckers embarrassed and eating humble shit pie and I sincerely hope our club comes out swinging along the way.
They’ll just accuse City of buying off the PL, which would beg the question of why we hadn’t bought them off not to bring the charges in the first place.
Our bribery and corruption dept. isn’t very good, and need sacking!

2 years is a lot of time. Many things are likely to change. It's pointless to worry what's going to happen. I think nothing dramatic will happen. Relax and enjoy the greatest team in English football.

The completely disproportionate "treatment" handed out to Everton has triggered the predictable excitement in the mainstream media which takes us all way beyond the limits of dispassionate analytical thought and into the realms of waking nightmare. Bluemoon is infected as posters chew on the treatment we could cop for if Everton can be handled so. Some have kept clear heads and, thankfully, point out that City claim that the evidence of innocence the club has presented is "irrefutable" and so speculation as to the draconian punishment which will be handed down to us is irrelevant. The still small voice of reason cries out "we haven't done anything wrong".

This is, in many ways, a re-run of our troubles with UEFA which culminated in the CAS judgement. The adjudicatory chamber of M. Leterme threw a hissy fit when it was accused of leaking like a sieve and the media was able to announce with a note of triumph the sentence which was to be passed - before the inquiry was complete. CAS found that UEFA had no evidence - no evidence at all, no simply not enough - to prove the very serious charges of concealing the origin of income - and judgement was conclusively in City's favour. After an indecent period the PL, bullied by Mr Levy as the representative of a murky group of clubs, was pushed into having another go. Unfortunately the charge sheet was rather confused and City were accused of not cutting the grass properly but then the PL upped its game and decided City should be accused of fraud. The question of evidence remains. UEFA had no more than a few scruffy, doctored emails. Do the PL have even that? Are they actually trying to fend off an independent regulator and are City (and Everton!) a means to that end? At this late stage it is impossible that City will agree to take a slap on the wrist to save the PL's dirty face.

The cast iron certainty of the media that City are guilty has to be set against City's insistence that we are innocent. I would also point out that the opinion of lawyers (admittedly usually with connections with City) tends to the view either that the PL will find it extremely difficult to uphold their case or they will find it impossible without compelling new evidence - and no-one has any inkling that this exists.

The people who absolutely do know the truth about City, are City and their public statement is clear and unequivocal.

Khaldoon is much more than City Chairman and risking his credibility by getting behind the club’s adamant stance that it is innocent is not what you would expect if he knew City were guilty, and he must know the facts.

Maybe the Premier League have damning evidence that is not in the public domain but at this point their case looks to be rather speculative and that should not be enough to find City guilty. The worry is that the Commission will not apply the standards required.

As ever, what is most annoying about this is that whether City are guilty of breaking / bending rules, all they have actually done is invest in the club to make it competitive. The way in which City have developed shows them to be a superior organisation to any of the football authorities of the Red Cartel members but they could be punished because the speed at which City have invested is too fast in the view of people who are not experts in the matter. It is appalling and should be illegal. City need to prevail here.

2 years is a lot of time. Many things are likely to change. It's pointless to worry what's going to happen. I think nothing dramatic will happen. Relax and enjoy the greatest team in English football.
The independent regulator will be up and running by then hopefully. And the PL hitting Everton might just speed up that regulatory process.

We wouldn’t be in the Champs the following year unless we won it
We would therefore lose several players
The Championship is easier than the PL. So we rest players more often & play the strongest teams in the CL.

*Just hypothetical as the PL are full of shit.

They've been investigating us since 2018 & only charged us in February, so the question is, what's the delay with the holding the hearing?

Don't you investigate, then charge, then hold the hearing? 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.