PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That’s where the Premier League are stuck between a rock and a hard place. A league founded on the likes of United, Arsenal and Liverpool getting a bigger cut of tv deals than the rest of the league back in the early 90s.

Chelsea then City broke that monopoly, if they don’t deal with both teams the likes of United and Liverpool will fuck off and form a super league. We are going to be fucked over royally because these teams think they should sit at the top of English football permanently.
United and Liverpool will ultimately need to accept the world has moved on but there will be mayhem on the journey.

PB has summarised earlier in the thread and it literally boils down to just 3 substantive charges.

All of which were laughed out of the pub by CAS.

There is absolutely nothing to be worried about and fuck all will come if it.
CAS didn't rule on any of the PL's charges, to be clear. UEFA could potentially have brought in the image rights payments, which were within the six-year period. But they seem to have been OK with this, so it's hard to see how the PL can land this.

The Mancini contract and the sponsorship income would have been time-barred but the former is completely irrelevant and I don't think PL rules say anything (or didn't at the time) about who could sponsor clubs. As long as we recorded the income properly and it wasn't inflated, then that one won't stick either.

And for people comparing us to Everton, even in the unlikely event we were found to have breached all the rules, we still wouldn't come anywhere near failing the PL Cost & Sustainability Rules.

Update: The PL rules only came into force in 2013/14 as far as I'm aware, although the rules prior to that specified the requirement to provide accounts. But as far as I can see from the 2011/12 Handbook, there's only a requirement to provide audited accounts that have been prepared in line with relevant accounting standards.

Last edited:
CAS didn't rule on any of the PL's charges, to be clear. UEFA could potentially have brought in the image rights payments, which were within the six-year period. But they seem to have been OK with this, so it's hard to see how the PL can land this.

The Mancini contract and the sponsorship income would have been time-barred but the former is completely irrelevant and I don't think PL rules say anything (or didn't at the time) about who could sponsor clubs. As long as we recorded the income properly and it wasn't inflated, then that one won't stick either.

And for people comparing us to Everton, even in the unlikely event we were found to have breached all the rules, we still wouldn't come anywhere near failing the PL Cost & Sustainability rules.

I get what you are saying PB and believe you but I cant help thinking the board will just ignore it all and fine us guilty.

That’s where the Premier League are stuck between a rock and a hard place. A league founded on the likes of United, Arsenal and Liverpool getting a bigger cut of tv deals than the rest of the league back in the early 90s.

Chelsea then City broke that monopoly, if they don’t deal with both teams the likes of United and Liverpool will fuck off and form a super league. We are going to be fucked over royally because these teams think they should sit at the top of English football permanently.

Imagine a footballing landscape where all other football fans have to realise that the red tops only can be successful?

Football would break.

to be fair, we don't know exactly what they have. We strongly suspect that they will struggle to prove anything. My point was more about the seeming unfairness of the Everton penalty and that our expectation that an independent commission will treat us fairly may be flawed

We have been a god send for the media , the amount of column inches we have provided for them has made them millions , and the cash cow is not going to end any time soon , we break records ££££££, we get accused ££££££ , it s a f*cking circus :)
This is true, we'll just have to keep winning, they'll break before we do.

Reading through this, I'm not surprised Borson is a former advisor to Manchester City.

He sounds like a right surrender monkey & hasn't pointed out a myriad of mitigating circumstances which changes the whole complexion of the charges against us.
He's consistently pointed out the difficulties the league will have of proving their case against us.

And thats the problem the dippers and scum along with sky think they are still the head of football in this country . Bums on seats , shirt sales and Sky with its super sunday shite when its been far from that for along time . They just cant move on and accept change no revolution is required in football in the modern era. something that City have embraced by using modern accounting criteria based on business ,as opposed to old football ways of brown envelopes and the local Dewhurst butchers sponsoring todays match ball and the local DIY store sponsoring a hoarding or two around the ground !!

I love reading the "fuck em" and "the PL have nothing" posts but i just can't see us being exonerated and not being done over at all.
Not saying we're guilty of anything ,as like everyone else on here, i just don't know but i still think they'll manage to hang something on us, i don't trust those cunts at all.

Reactions: CC1
Imagine a footballing landscape where all other football fans have to realise that the red tops only can be successful?

Football would break.

The rest of football fans in this country are being gas lighted by the finger being pointed at the likes of City and Newcastle. Is conspiring to form a super league and kill top level football in this country a million times worse than creative accounting yet they got away with it.

I love reading the "fuck em" and "the PL have nothing" posts but i just can't see us being exonerated and not being done over at all.
Not saying we're guilty of anything ,as like everyone else on here, i just don't know but i still think they'll manage to hang something on us, i don't trust those cunts at all.
They might hang something on us but if they do they have started a war simple as that .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.