PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What a load of nonsense. The company I work for has no presence online and the billionaire CEO is nowhere to be found on the web.

If you don't want to be public, you don't have to be.

But it was public and they used a stock photo. Just keep it blank surely

Thanks - perhaps that should have been obvious - but I am still a little confused

I thought that they had been charged - they admitted guilt - the case was then referred to the panel (as ours is currently being) and that the PL wanted a 12 point penalty and the panel have given a 10 point penalty

So I thought that they were at 'the next stage' and therefore there should be no further appeal

In my defence - I have been away golfing so only been reading snippets
Correct, Everton have had the first panel of independent adjudicators rule against them. Since they appealed, there will be a second panel, after that, Everton have to accept the decision no matter what.

City's case hasn't been put before a panel and probably wont be for some time. I would be interested to know how long the adjudication process lasted for Everton's case. Was it over in a couple of days as I suspect? I hope they are as thorough as they need to be for City's case and I hope it's nothing like the CFCB's AC which turned out to be rushed/forced through and not very independent.

They(the CFCB) too told City fans they were independent and law experts doing it by swiss law standards. They were mistaken/lying and not held to account for that, if anything it was CAS that got the criticism by the press and broadcast media. City did file a complaint with the CEDB over the leaks, since CAS wouldn't/couldn't deal with it but there's no word on how that investigation went either.

Last edited:
Correct, Everton have had the first panel of independent adjudicators rule against them. Since they appealed, there will be a second panel, after that Everton have to accept the decision no matter what.

City's case hasn't been put before a panel and probably wont for some time. I would be interested to know how long the adjudication process lasted for Everton's case. Was it over in a couple of days? I hope they are as thorough as they need to be for City's case and I hope it's nothing like the CFCB's AC which turned out to be rushed/forced through and not very independent.
I think Everton's was five days.

The right of appeal is to an internal independent panel that the PL selects from it's 6-person appeals board.

Where they say there's no right of appeal is to the Law Courts, UNLESS you have a strong case about the PL's tribunal process.

What their rules state is you can't appeal a PL decision if you disagree with it, only the process used to reach that decision.

That's my understanding of the situation, so hopefully that makes sense.

My prediction is that the PL screws us over but the new regulator allows us to take it to a real court where we ultimately win out. The regulator will hold off any punishment given by the panel until a verdict is reached.

Apparently Everton ‘fans’ have a fighting fund set up that stands at £30,000, on Sunday huge demonstration, lots of banners etc

open season on City would be my best guess, lots of 115 and ‘we have one charge what about City and 115’ etc etc etc which is exactly what the EPL want, City name and shamed even though we haven’t been found guilty of anything. Also wonder where the money is coming from….
Everton fans would do well to concentrate on their own case. As far as I know, their club haven't denied they breached FFP so it becomes a case of appealing against the severity of the punishment. I'm absolutely with them on that - they've been stitched up with a very harsh penalty for what is a first-time offence. There has been an edge to City v Everton games for many years which peaked in the aftermath of the Lescott transfer but things have calmed down a fair bit since then - not least because they came into money too and we stopped Liverpool winning the league a couple of times - and they need to realise that we're on the same side as them this time. Any protests or demonstrations on Sunday shouldn't drag other clubs into it as all cases are different. Plenty of Everton fans on social media aren't engaging in whataboutery regarding us and bear no ill will towards us but some have.

Last edited:
Based of some of the weird sponsorship deals we've had from companies that are clearly owned by City, I'm finding it hard not to believe we won't be charged with something. I can't remember the betting company we were sponsored by but the picture of the CEO was just some stock image from google ha, definitely some dodgy stuff going on
Wasnt the betting company under the radar because they are based out of a country where betting is frowned upon? Something like that . A good few teams had similar links, liverpool included im sure

Apparently Everton ‘fans’ have a fighting fund set up that stands at £30,000, on Sunday huge demonstration, lots of banners etc

open season on City would be my best guess, lots of 115 and ‘we have one charge what about City and 115’ etc etc etc which is exactly what the EPL want, City name and shamed even though we haven’t been found guilty of anything. Also wonder where the money is coming from….
has spitty ask to work on this game instead of city liverpool so he can add his intellect to the debate

Everton won't get relegated and were never going to qualify for a European place this season so this whole "harsh" 10 point deduction is a facade. It makes it look like the PL are taking a tough stance when in effect the net result to Everton will be negligible...

And it gives all these assholes another chance to scream bloody murder about us...what a joke...
Everton's points deduction will, I'm almost certain of it, be either totally rescinded (and replaced by a set of limits to future squad size and spending plus a big fine) or reduced to maybe 5/6 points. I'm predicting this will be done by the end of February at the latest.

Just a hunch I've got. (cue the Quasimodo pics ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.