PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hang on a second - are you talking about the media approach or these specific allegations? I would agree that we have been too passive with the media, but in terms of the content of statements relating to specific allegations, I'd say we've worded them just fine.
Media approach, the formal allegations will be dealt with through the proper channels

It’s not a clear 100 charges most of the charges are the same charge just over multiple years so if you clear that charge you clear 10 or so.

Only 3 possible outcomes to this;

1. EPL prove their case, fines and/or points and/or relegation and/or titles stripped. Result - 50k+ crowds in League 2
2. Gets mucky, drags out, OVO go all the way and sue the tw*ts. Result - 3 or 4 more years of reputational stain, and owners double down on investment and quality in the meantime*
3. City get quick hearing and whole thing bombed out. Result - another year of sh*te, then back to where we are now

Personally I think it's 2 unfortunately ..

Couple of things do concern me;

1. Our statement did not say 'these allegations are categorically untrue', which makes me think they are going for the interpretation defense
2. *Owners have not released any statement to the effect of 'whatever the outcome, we are here for the long term' to give the fanbase assurances/boil the piss elsewhere. Might be too early for that, but would be nice to know our sponsorship deals in League 2 would rival Wrexham's :-)

One other consideration, this isn't just about Abu Dhabi - Silverlake, a US base globally recognized Investment firm own c20% of the group - EPL would ruin their investor friendly environment plan for the league that attracted the US investors initially and underpins the valuations of most clubs, unless that is the plan so Dippers and Pride of Singapore can get their target asking prices for their sales ..

Never dull ..
I feel that there might be another option.
If the PL look back at the UEFA debacle, the one thing that sticks out is that the general consensus amongst the un/Ill-informed was that we ’got away with it‘ on technicalities and that whatever was in the CAS judgement, which they never read, was irrelevant as we were patently guilty as fuck based on that perception alone.
I would not not be surprised if the current PL case fell apart and was dismissed without a verdict (it appears they may have already bungled their statement) thus allowing more of the ‘got away with it‘ stuff.

You think?

The global organisations/ countries that now commonly own football clubs play by whatever rules they can get away with. I don't think City are any more guilty than a number of other European clubs of 'stretching' the rules to whatever extent they feel they need to in order to push forward. Only one thing matters - have you been smart enough to cover your arse? That's the only question that remains to be answered. No ethics, morals etc. involved.

City dodged the UEFA attack. I have no clue as to whether or not they were unfairly targeted in the first place, or just very good at getting out of a tough spot. Good luck with this one lads, sincerely. For the rest of us it's time to grab the popcorn!

The fans never deserve this shit. Just count yourselves lucky you're not getting fucked over by the UK Government like we did last year!

And btw, where's your CL?! :)
It was going so well until the last sentence. You bastard :D

These 2 doom mongers loving the clicks and attention today . Fuck listen to that . Rather listen to Gary glitters greatest hits
I think it's 'beyond reasonable doubt' in a criminal case, but the burden of proof isn't as high in a civil case. Not sure how it's worded but it's along the lines of reasonable standard I think.

On the balance of probability I think.

Same. Maybe because it was the morning after the game yesterday, but I was pretty miserable this morning after this broke. Maybe a moment that felt as bleak as the Super League moment did. But yeah, having read that and some of the stuff around the white paper, I hope we fight like bastards and send this commission packing.
Yes it definetly was the same feeling I got with the ESL news.

Sounds desperate.
Is it really correct that we will have no right to appeal any decision made by a panel of hand picked Rag/Liverpool sycophants ?

Surely there must be an arbitration and appeal process ?

What options do we have then to challenge a Premier League Kangaroo Court finding ?

They talk about justice and transparency yet operate like a Cartel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.