PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If the Forest thing is true it just shows what a farce it is, there's no other businesses in the World that's finances are as dissected as those of football clubs, often by people who could potentially be informing rivals, the clubs financial plans, it stinks and is totally wrong and is totally anti-competitive.

The Forest one makes no sense from a sustainability standpoint either. They could have sold Brennan Johnson earlier in the transfer window for £30m and I believe they would have passed the PSR. They rejected it and held out for £50m from Spurs later in the transfer window, which then put them in a new PSR year, which meant they failed the year before. Forest had to spend to survive, they had no players when they got promoted.

The PSR rules are also causing a major problem that nobody in the media is really talking about. It's forcing clubs to sell club grown players because they are pure profit from an accounting perspective. That's why Forest sold Johnson, that's why us selling Palmer was great and it's why Chelsea will sell Conor Gallagher. I cant imagine that is something the league or media wants to see keep happening.

I doubt most understand, they just see FFP / FSR and assume that City have broke it 115 times Very few have looked into the charges or what they maybe. Not one of our charges as a stand alone charge amount to anywhere near what Everton were accused of they breached FSR to maintain their PL status ate the expense of other clubs they then lied amount loans being for the stadium and also claimed many time more in Covid losses than the next a highest
Of the 115 we are accused of in fact breakdown to 5 on multiple years
I’d love to know who instructed - and who approved - the framing of City’s charges in such a novel way, ie weaponised for maximum reputational damage. I’m hoping we’re all over that issue, because it was done for a reason and with genuine malice towards our club. And I hope, when we eventually win, we hang the bastard responsible by the bollocks from the PL Headquarters building.

Newcastle have the financial might to challenge the whole ffp fiasco in a court of law, I hope they do. The premier league is digging its own grave with this nonsense but they're too stubborn and stupid to see it. A breakaway league will be formed as a result.

I see an awful LOT of opposition fans, football fans in general, harping on about how the PL is fixed, full of cheats, corrupt etc...

The PL really are shooting themselves in the foot.
It's also becoming a common chant from the terraces now, which can be heard in living rooms all around the country during a televised game.
Not a good look for 'the product'

I see an awful LOT of opposition fans, football fans in general, harping on about how the PL is fixed, full of cheats, corrupt etc...

The PL really are shooting themselves in the foot.
The vast majority of those saying that are the same idiots mentioning the 115 charges.

It's the 13 clubs who voted for this have shot themselves in the foot. Many opposed to FFP told fans of the clubs outside the 'big 6' this day would come.

The vast majority of those saying that are the same idiots mentioning the 115 charges.

It's the 13 clubs who voted for this have shot themselves in the foot. Many opposed to FFP told fans of the clubs outside the 'big 6' this day would come.
Nah, the PL took the bait. It is their product, they made the decision to press ahead in such an explosive way.

I

It's mad how these sort of people can stand there, in front of a camera, being broadcast to hundreds of thousands of people, and show that they haven't a clue about what they are talking about. I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd be thoroughly embarrassed knowing people who actually do know their onions are sat there watching, shaking their heads at me, thinking what a pillock.

Media people of various persuasions are clearly immune from the embarrassment of knowing nothing about the topic they are pushing.

Nah, the PL took the bait. It is their product, they made the decision to press ahead in such an explosive way.
The bigger clubs wanted it. The premier league put what those clubs wanted in writing and teams like Everton were stupid enough to vote for it.

I feel sorry for Forest because they didn't have a say in the rules.

Everton wanted the rules, they can fucking die by the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.