PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Another absolutely clueless report from Dan Roan so called leading bbc football pundit on the news just now. No explanation of the charges City face, no explanation of the difference between City's charges and the situation with Everton and Forrest. And no explanation of why FFP is loathed by a large % of football fans and the restrictions it wrongly places on clubs and the unfair benefit it gives to others. What on earth has this fella ever done to get into the position that he is. An utterly useless reporter.
Yup
Roan gives cockwombles a bad name.

It's actually two offences when you break it all down.
  1. We used artificially inflated sponsorship agreements to overstate our revenue, which led to us knowingly filing incorrect accounts.
  2. We didn't declare payments made to Mancini, via the Al Jazira contract, and to players, via the Fordham image rights arrangements.
That's it. The rest is just window dressing.
Do you happen to know what we didn't declare for Mancinis Al Jazera consultancy.
Years ago I used to do the Directors and highest paid employees remuneration table in the Company Annual Report as part of my job and I don't remember having to include payments from other jobs they held, just stuff like basic, bonus, share options, loans, pension contributions from the Company..
You'd only mention other directorships held but not payments received from that as I remember.
Without getting too much into it do you know what city are supposed to have not done that they should have ? I'm thinking any personal stuff was for Roberto's advisors to sort out, not City.

You have to wonder what the Premier League's thought process is in all this. If Richard Scudamore was still in charge then I'd be tempted to suspect this was all part of some grand strategy to demonstrate to clubs the absolute mess that PSR rules are when properly enforced; essentially asking them whether the resultant risk of damage to the overall brand is really something they desire.

Under Richard Masters however, I sadly doubt there is any strategy to this whatsoever.

Dan Roan who made sarcastic comments about the owner of Leicester FC and his staff after they died in that helicopter crash. He's an utter prick.
We need to invite him over to report on when the next big concrete pour job is on, and then push the **** in.

Last edited:
Clubs should just table a motion at the next meeting to sack Masters and scrap all FSP/FFP processes pending a full review and implementation of new regulations that are fit for purpose.

Only teams that would vote against would be scum, Liverpool, spurs and arsenal so most likely would be passed.

The premier league is run by its members so they can change their own rules whenever and however they want presumably as long it’s voted for accordingly.

Imagine the meltdown.

What also gets me is P&S should be there to help clubs. It should be "ok you've failed this key criteria, here's what's you need to do to get your books in order". If that means incoming transfer bans, forced player sales or assest sales then so be it but that should be the maximum punishment. Everton's case would be fine you're getting a new stadium so let's see how it goes when it opens but we don't want to see an increase on the debt in the meantime. Go public on the steps taken for each club and state if they break the steps then a pre-defined points deduction or fine will be issued. Everyone including the fans will know what's what that way and who is to blame if it goes wrong (ie the owners). Sensible approaches on a case by case basis not Draconian punishments crippling and ruining clubs with finger in the air punishments

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.