PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Do you happen to know what we didn't declare for Mancinis Al Jazera consultancy.
Years ago I used to do the Directors and highest paid employees remuneration table in the Company Annual Report as part of my job and I don't remember having to include payments from other jobs they held, just stuff like basic, bonus, share options, loans, pension contributions from the Company..
You'd only mention other directorships held but not payments received from that as I remember.
Without getting too much into it do you know what city are supposed to have not done that they should have ? I'm thinking any personal stuff was for Roberto's advisors to sort out, not City.
only about a million quid, basically peanuts and before ffp was even a thing so it wasn't even necessary to hide it. So just given that info is probably enough to rule this one out as anything dodgy

It's actually two offences when you break it all down.
  1. We used artificially inflated sponsorship agreements to overstate our revenue, which led to us knowingly filing incorrect accounts.
  2. We didn't declare payments made to Mancini, via the Al Jazira contract, and to players, via the Fordham image rights arrangements.
That's it. The rest is just window dressing.
I have never fully understand point nr 1
lets just simplify it .
Lets just say the contract between Etihad and City is 40 million pounds per year. Are Pl and UEFA before them saying that we are putting more then 40 million into the club or are Etihad just paying part of the 40 million.
I just know that CAS said not guilty.

I have never fully understand point nr 1
lets just simplify it .
Lets just say the contract between Etihad and City is 40 million pounds per year. Are Pl and UEFA before them saying that we are putting more then 40 million into the club or are Etihad just paying part of the 40 million.
I just know that CAS said not guilty.
and more specifically said there was no evidence of overinflated deals or accounting fraud. So that rules out all charges from 2013 to 2023 and given time barring in UK law it means only the charges in 2012 season could be looked at as extra from CAS. Doubt they'll find anything though

With Everton (Again) and Forest being punished. It's time the rules were rewritten and be more simplified. The current rules only benefits the red cartels who are allowed to spend what they like but it's not OK for Us, Chelsea, Newcastle and now Forest and Everton.

FFP needs to be overhauled and be more simplified and allows ambitious clubs to be able to compete with traditional big 6 clubs.

I find it very hard to believe any football club makes profits considering how much is spent on players wages alone. TV is the only reason the Premier League hasn't collapsed yet.

You have to wonder what the Premier League's thought process is in all this. If Richard Scudamore was still in charge then I'd be tempted to suspect this was all part of some grand strategy to demonstrate to clubs the absolute mess that PSR rules are when properly enforced; essentially asking them whether the resultant risk of damage to the overall brand is really something they desire.

Under Richard Masters however, I sadly doubt there is any strategy to this whatsoever.

Not a chance this shit happens under Scudamore's watch. All would have been put to bed after CAS.
He gets buried by one or two of his quotes that sound shit out of context, but he was also very pro-City because our arrival on the scene helped enormously with the uptick in the TV revenues.

Incidentally, this is why I don't buy the argument that the PL are doing all this to stave of the IR. It makes no sense. The IR wants to protect clubs from going under, not to force them unneccesarily into existential crisis, which is what the PL are doing.

Send 2 of your most corrupt agents that have a history of incompetence to destroy the English football pyramid & make the Super league happen.

Ladies & Gents it’s the Masters & Parry show…….

Everyone has an opinion on little old City all asking the same thing and when we get found guilty what our punishment will be. It’s like they want it all over and completed as soon as yesterday. I hope we drag this out for a couple of years so Pep stays cos he said he would and we can mop up all the other trophies and watch the piss boil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.