PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Don’t recall Everton fans expressing any particular views at the time and even if they did, I doubt those views were taken into account by Kenwright when casting his vote, which will have been based on what he thought was best for Everton more than stopping City (although I accept the two things would not have been seen as mutually exclusive).

From the club’s point of view any temptation to say ‘fuck you’ to Everton should be resisted. If our alliances had been stronger when the vote was made, especially relative to United and Liverpool, then FFP wouldn’t have been introduced in the first place and we don’t go about building those alliances by telling clubs like Everton ‘I told you so’, especially when we have been such beneficiaries from their decision. That seems especially churlish to me.

Them and Forest are both potential allies about the shape the English game will (or won’t) take in the months and years ahead and we isolate ourselves unnecessarily from clubs like that at our peril, giving what we are up against, which doubtless includes an enduring aspiration for a ESL in some quarters.

Surely, stopping that happening again is far more important than point scoring because Bill Kenwright lacked any vision and was too emotional?
Do you not think a huge part of owners like Kenwright voting for FFP was to limit ambition for his own club ? By introducing FFP it meant he didnt have to stick his hands in his own pocket and could turn to the fans and say, “sorry we cant spend because of FFP”.
Id say in a lot of cases it wasnt about doing the best for their clubs , more themselves.

If Kenwright was such a big Evertonian, would he not want a rich sheik to come in and transform his club and its area? He had that chance and greed and narcissism meant he stopped himself doing so.

The Athletic has another article explaining the difference between us and the Everton/Forest situations. Too bad the trolls won’t read it or understand the difference!

Is it a fair article only the athletic haven’t been fair with any football finances when City are concerned.

Do you not think a huge part of owners like Kenwright voting for FFP was to limit ambition for his own club ? By introducing FFP it meant he didnt have to stick his hands in his own pocket and could turn to the fans and say, “sorry we cant spend because of FFP”.
Id say in a lot of cases it wasnt about doing the best for their clubs , more themselves.
I‘m sure you’re right, although I expect he convinced himself that what was best for himself was also best for Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.