PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I wonder if the Premier League regret the way they've handled this. They're getting more criticism now from fans and the media than they were before the charges were announced. They've taken on a case they cannot win, and are doing immense damage to their own brand in the process. It's been pretty disastrous already for them.

The PL have shot themselves in the foot with this witch-hunt. There is no way they come out of this smelling of roses.

The PL have shot themselves in the foot with this witch-hunt. There is no way they come out of this smelling of roses.

Odd how the other clubs have allowed rags, dippers, spuds and gooners to damage their product. Seems the other clubs are gutless to stand up against these bully clubs

FFP/PSR should be this simple & straightforward:

If your total amortised debt (inc interest) exceeds 25% of your club's annual turnover, you're subject to a transfer embargo & wage restrictions across all club operations until you fall below that threshold.

New owners have a three year accelerated investment period, however that money must be placed in escrow & not loaded onto the club as debt. In year four FFP/PSR monitoring begins as above.

Now I wonder why the Red Top Mafia & Spuds were never in favour of such an obvious & straightforward solution to controlling football finances, instead of the bullshit we currently have, which has led to the need for a thread like this?

Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the dogs of war,
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Khaldoon Al Mubarak Autumn 2024......

Far too much credence is given to what Nick Harris says. Like his peer Ewan Mackenna, he's an unemployed/unemployable internet crank who has fallen down a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. I hope he gets the help that he clearly needs.
I do have some sympathy with him as it must of been devastating losing his wife to cancer.

However he seems to have channeled all his grief and anger into an all-out attack on us and trying to make people believe his conspiracy theories.

For the sake of his own health he clearly needs help

Last edited:
I wonder if the Premier League regret the way they've handled this. They're getting more criticism now from fans and the media than they were before the charges were announced. They've taken on a case they cannot win, and are doing immense damage to their own brand in the process. It's been pretty disastrous already for them.
No doubt. This was a piece I helped write in Feb

“I also think there is a bit of naivety here (from the PL). Of course, they have had the highest quality legal advice from KCs (King’s Counsel for the Premier League) and major legal firms but I wonder whether they fully appreciate the consequences of this scale and breadth of allegations against one of its major clubs – whether they win or lose.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.