PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I wonder if the Premier League regret the way they've handled this. They're getting more criticism now from fans and the media than they were before the charges were announced. They've taken on a case they cannot win, and are doing immense damage to their own brand in the process. It's been pretty disastrous already for them.
The red tops and spuds consider themselves to be the brand, the others just necessary to make a league. They and Masters did not consider the long term implications for the Premier League of City fighting back. They thought with the shock value of 115 breaches/charges it would be slam dunk over. As time goes on we are seeing a change in attitude and I personally am waiting for a club owner or chairman to break ranks and call out the nonsense that the red tops and spuds have created by their pursuit of a closed shop to the detriment of the image of the Premier League.

I wonder if the Premier League regret the way they've handled this. They're getting more criticism now from fans and the media than they were before the charges were announced. They've taken on a case they cannot win, and are doing immense damage to their own brand in the process. It's been pretty disastrous already for them.
It’s a fucking shambles.

Looks like United must think/know we’re innocent as I can’t see them employing a new CEO who’s heavily implicated in a 10 year conspiracy otherwise
There’s a times article that states he wouldn’t have been involved in any of the alleged rule breaks.

No doubt. This was a piece I helped write in Feb

“I also think there is a bit of naivety here (from the PL). Of course, they have had the highest quality legal advice from KCs (King’s Counsel for the Premier League) and major legal firms but I wonder whether they fully appreciate the consequences of this scale and breadth of allegations against one of its major clubs – whether they win or lose.”

None of which are entrepreneurial businessmen, so can't think beyond the legal ramifications, & how these affect the commercial & business ramifications of the PL.

This is literally a case of killing the goose that laid their golden egg, just to satisfy the lust of the red top Mafia & Spuds.

You literally couldn't make this shit up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.