PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Mate we pointed this out from the off but clubs like yours still voted it in. The old cartel saw how much of a threat we were going to be and they bum rushed these rules in to stop us. Luckily for us we have brilliant owners who beat it and it didn't stop our success. We only just managed to get through before the drawbridge was slammed shut though. Ever since they have thrown obstacles in our way, changed the rules and used the media to ruin our reputation. That part has been successful.

Fully agree but the person who voted it in is now dead. Cant keep hammering a club for the decisions of one person about 10 years ago. Its like criticising Newcastle now as Ashley voted for it. Or Villa for decisions Lerner made. But I get the point.

My post was more to say that the Everton fans pointing out the value of your bench was not a dig at City, but the PL for the current rules.

Even if they change it to match UEFA's rules, its still all based on income so with just keep the status quo.

There needs to be change, but one that doesnt involve revenue.

Fully agree but the person who voted it in is now dead. Cant keep hammering a club for the decisions of one person about 10 years ago. Its like criticising Newcastle now as Ashley voted for it. Or Villa for decisions Lerner made. But I get the point.

My post was more to say that the Everton fans pointing out the value of your bench was not a dig at City, but the PL for the current rules.

Even if they change it to match UEFA's rules, its still all based on income so with just keep the status quo.

Finance is the only thing that attracts new money.
Proper Investment takes time so the illegal cartel or cabel strangle it at birth.

Best of luck.

I'm sure it wasn't just Kenwrights decision alone. The time to kick off was when those decisions were being made, but in truth as fans we have little influence.

Our squad has been brought up to those standards because of our success over the last ten years. Winning trophies brings more revenue and sponsorship. Sure we boosted the squad quickly when there wasn't any financial restrictions, but most signings weren't of the very top quality. They did however get us into the top four and the champions league money.

Prior to ffp being brought in it was a closed shop anyway as the top four was nailed on every year and the champions league money kept it that way. Once Chelsea then ourselves got the money to challenge that they changed the rules.

They killed the dream, the one we've been allowed to live for every other club once they did. Most clubs aren't going to get an investor rich enough to realistically compete so the majority of clubs chairman are happy to vote these rules in so they don't have to spend. They're happy to plod along taking the profits and knowing their place in the food chain. They'll express fake outrage that it's not fair but really they're happy with it.

It's so funny to read stuff like this from rival fans when we've been banging on about this for years. You voted for this shit and were quite happy with it until it started affecting you. So take your ten point deduction and shut up.

You are preaching to the converted. As far as your, now deceased, owner is concerned, we agree. Plus Reading and Wigan who voted for FFP are now down amongst the financial dead men. It has been asked on here whether the adoption of FFP has been voted on since 2013 as the membership changes every year but it obviously hasn't, merely the annual amendments based entirely on fighting City's business plan and, in the process, wreaking heavy collateral damage on clubs like yours.

As for pointing at our bench, your fans have to learn to point at united's bench, or liverpool's bench, or arsenal's bench and leave us out of it. We're a convenient decoy as far as the PL and the media are concerned. Whilst fans of the persecuted clubs are wailing about us, they're laughing.

As for including us amongst the clubs that benefit from these restrictions. It's amazing how, despite hourly reminders from the media, people seem to forget that the PL are still trying to hammer us for everything we have achieved since 2008. We aren't "over the drawbridge" ourselves yet.

I'm sure it wasn't just Kenwrights decision alone. The time to kick off was when those decisions were being made, but in truth as fans we have little influence.

Our squad has been brought up to those standards because of our success over the last ten years. Winning trophies brings more revenue and sponsorship. Sure we boosted the squad quickly when there wasn't any financial restrictions, but most signings weren't of the very top quality. They did however get us into the top four and the champions league money.

Prior to ffp being brought in it was a closed shop anyway as the top four was nailed on every year and the champions league money kept it that way. Once Chelsea then ourselves got the money to challenge that they changed the rules.

They killed the dream, the one we've been allowed to live for every other club once they did. Most clubs aren't going to get an investor rich enough to realistically compete so the majority of clubs chairman are happy to vote these rules in so they don't have to spend. They're happy to plod along taking the profits and knowing their place in the food chain. They'll express fake outrage that it's not fair but really they're happy with it.
Well put Paul.

I can see other PL owners (ie not their fans) getting whatever they can because they know they cannot afford a long term strategy of investment, so get compensation from PL.
The fans simply go along with decades of also ran status. Media feed their frustration with our owners being the culprits.

The sentiment shown from this Wyness is pretty much that of 'I'm concerned city are going to get off with it'. So in his head it's like he's already decided we are guilty and the government are going to get us out of jail. Given he's an ex PL CEO is shows you the problem we're dealing with

Thats a pile of nothing.

Very likely that there will be at least one preliminary hearing (which has almost certainly already taken place) which will have been just about timetabling - you do A,B & C by X date, they do X, Y and Z by Y date.

It is possible that the weaknesses of one side's case or the other's was pointed out at that stage, but I doubt it. It would give rise to too much of the risk of an appeal that the tribunal had pre-judged the case.

This one, I think, goes the distance.

Is the consensus of the lawyers still that we’ll just wake up one day to a 9am statement by the Premier League announcing the result of the hearing?

The sentiment shown from this Wyness is pretty much that of 'I'm concerned city are going to get off with it'. So in his head it's like he's already decided we are guilty and the government are going to get us out of jail. Given he's an ex PL CEO is shows you the problem we're dealing with

Of course he quoted some evidence to justify his fears. No? Quelle surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.