PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm a lot more optimistic than this morning. I just find it very unlikely that 9 years of audits didn't bring up anything and HMRC didn't mention anything either.
As Stefan said, these are extremely serious allegations. There is not much middle ground here. I’m hopeful that the PL, like UEFA, have gone all in, in an attempt to look strong and appease certain clubs, but now have a big job on their hands to prove their allegations. As the CAS ruling said, it would “mean that not only [Manchester City] lied to the [Football Association] and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners […] were all misled”. That’s a very big claim.

He doesn't need to ring Sunak. Abu Dhabi aren't going to continue investing in a country which has accused them of fraud.
I get that but if they think it makes business sense, then I still think they will.

That said I have no real idea.

You seem well connected and said City are not surprised by this, so hopefully we are well prepared.

Yes it referred to all the leaked emails, of which the Mancini/Al Jazira/ADUG email was one.

So it's really not worth trying to argue these emails are fake when the club's own general council isn't.
And again, you cannot as it does not exist as yet show that CAS or anyone else was referring to the exact email you said did already exist. CAS and City were referring to the existence of the Der Spiegel emails and acknowledging such.

So in future, hold back if you can when trying to get one over on someone with so called emails that have as yet never been proven to exist, you in your haste stated the email as if it was already in the public view.

If we are not guilty , what have we to worry about ? It’s a very simple question mate tbh
I would just operate under the assumption that the lawyers told them it is best to keep your mouth shut. Lawyers almost always advise the accused to do that. Soriano can come out and say all this is meritless and nobody will listen to him anyways. We have to clear our name through the legal means at our disposal.

I can sympathize with people on here who want to come out swinging, but we need to be careful how we operate.

Some great points being made on the twitter spaces rundown of today's announcement. The biggest for me is that this announcement will begin conversations in the likes of Whitehall as one of our main trading parties as a country is the UAE.

You can't have one the UKs biggest exports in the premier league accuse one of it's biggest contributors in Manchester City of 9 years of fraudulent accounts with the associations we have to the UAE.

Khaldoon and the other associated board members at City will be making some pretty big phone calls over the coming weeks and months which could affect this country's foreign policy.

Yes it referred to all the leaked emails, of which the Mancini/Al Jazira/ADUG email was one.

So it's really not worth trying to argue these emails are fake when the club's own general council isn't.
They can't use this as evidence unlike UEFA third hand none collaborated evidence from outside parties is not submitable ! So that's one nil to City already !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.