PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They danced on our grave when UEFA tried to kick us out of European competition for two years for serious FFP breaches. We laughed them out of court once and can do it again, the problem is even if we win again the hatred spewed at us will be about paying for expensive lawyers to make problems go away, yadda yadda yadda
I dont care what other fans say though.

Compromises would normally be made but has this not got to the stage where the club simply will not accept even the smallest charge or admittance of guilt (uncooperating).

This will get nasty, complicated and very drawn out, and everyone's brand will suffer.

Can the Premier league afford to suffer reputational damage?
.... to spite its face?

101% it's so very wrong but so is cooking the books, that's a serious crime and one I simply can't believe we took part in.

If we have, we are doomed and probably rightly so.

If the allegations are false, I would say it would have serious ramifications for the Premier League.
As @domalino has pointed out, there are possibly data disclosure issues that the Prem has that do not necessarily have anything to do with GAAP or the UK/European equivalent. For example, as a stock analyst, I can ask a company for information, but unless GAAP and the Securities and Exchange Commission require the information be disclosed, the company isn’t required to provide it to me legally (and likely has to provide it to everyone if provided to me per Reg FD or “Full Disclosure”). To help me understand the business it might do so, and the SEC regularly reviews financial filings and asks companies to clarify or expand what they disclose, and accounting rules change all the time too in terms of calculations and disclosures.

So this is possibly that kind of a situation where the Prem required disclosure for its own purposes which City didn’t provide or omitted.

Now the way such a “violation” is worded in the accusations or — especially — what some media outlets have run with over here (i.e. “cooking the books”) is inflammatory if not total horseshit. But as I said before — the damage is done — and those with no command of accounting or the laws pertaining to it do not care a whit if such hyperbole is what we are saddled with. As with the original FFP “violations”, the devil is in the details — and details rarely get in the way of a good headline and/or lynching.

I don't think it will have diplomatic repercussions somehow. Much will depend on what happens when it is assessed independently. City have once again stated that they have faith in the process. At what point does Sheikh Mansour intervene? If we lose the independent hearing but before the High Court hearing?
"At what point does Sheikh Mansour intervene?"

I would think at the point that the club he owns were accused of been cheating bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.