PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Agreed, whatever the reasons to release a statement of that magnitude with errors is seriously unprofessional, and gives me even more optimism.

One thing I will say about our management is that they are professional. I find it hard to believe they would knowingly put the club and the shareholder at risk by doing anything remotely approaching falsifying accounts. They may push limits, they may use business practices not seen before in football, but illegal activity? Naah.

I have said before, you look closely enough at any company's accounting you can find 100 mistakes or rule breaches. I have experience in this. But serious allegations of misconduct I find hard to believe in this case, and find it even harder to believe the PL can prove any to the required standard.

I think that’s unfair. Arteta was only assistant coach and not at the pay grade to know confidential stuff implied by the charges. He was only at City from 2016 to 2019 and Pep would likely have known much more than him. Two things though. If you’re innocent of the charges then there would be nothing for someone to ‘grass’. Secondly, I doubt you’d be pointing the finger at Arteta if Arsenal were currently mid table.
None of this would be happening if City were mid table and managed by say Jesse Marsch.

Arteta would be my guess he has the inside knowledge and motive.
That seems very unlikely as Pep and Arteta are mates. On the other hand, the Arse have been virulent in their hatred of us.

They're doing this because of money money money.

Guess what we've more money than all other clubs combined except Newcastle.

Wouldn't surprise me if a settlement is reached confidentially and City stay in the PL and nothing happens - no points, nothing!

It's how the rich handle things amongst themselves.. always an NDA!

What would be most telling about who won is who sells their clubs first.. us or them?

Sadly this drama might be too much for Pep. And if it is, we had best line up another manager now!

After a few hours of analysing..

You'll have to forgive me using American terms in italics a bit here

This is a "hail mary" last attempt from the Cartel.

If it works, shows the LBO model works for them.
If it doesn't work, they show no one can compete with Amazon/ Google.

Google was willing to run huge losses to compete and show the public it had a better way of doing searches.

Sorta reminds me of Apple went for the kill on Google a while ago, but they were able to survive because they bought Motorola (which owned patents), which Apple needed licensing from or they couldn't compete.

We need to have that sort of ace in the hole to win this cleanly - that they need us in some way!

But legally speaking it might not surprise me if:

a. They are unable to connect this cleanly - since the burden of proof is on the accuser, rather than using wishful thinking

b. If they somehow do connect it - since the American owners are after money money money, we offer them more money than they could dream of to get the fuck out. (confidentially)

But this'll stink up the place and we'll always have a shadow over us.. maybe that's their thinking after all.. throw everything at the wall to make it stink and hope it stinks so bad, our top targets have second thoughts - the very season we need a huge rebuild!

That might be their end goal.. if they win, they get money, if they don't win, they weaken us in the transfer market!

I don't think this will be a "slam dunk" for either party and we'll never get the juicy details.. only that the parties have agreed on EPL or City paying a public fine of x amount, while not being proven guilty of whatever!

I don't think there will be any deals this time. They've gone to far. They've attacked the club & everything it stands for and the business practices of Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon and others in key roles at the club, plus other accounting firms linked to the club.

Just look at the coverage, it's barely mentioned that it's charges that have to be proven it's a public hanging of the club and the way it's run via the media. Look at the pompous prick Simon Jordan's coverage amongst all the others. He's saying he doesn't like the arrogance from City, there's a reason our owners are mutli billionaires with actual power, and he's a failed football club owner with a spot on Talksport, it's the arrogance he never had to make it in that world. Same with Harris, that Tariq Panja and all the other writers that have kept up this crusade against us since 2008 with their witch hunt.

There's no coming back from this from the Premier League to City, if they extend a olive branch it's likely to be grabbed by us and wrapped around their head. Nor do they deserve any favours from us and now they'll never get them again.

If we're guilty in a fair trial and hearing we'll cop our whack and heads will roll etc but I'll back business men in who know what they're doing in the business world over a hung trial by a entity that is serving the cartel of clubs who never saw the winds of change coming until it blew their front door down and wrecked everything they held dear.

For me it's scorched earth time and the Premier League and their precious cartel of clubs deserve, same with the others that tagged along for the ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.