PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If it was one or two allegations I wouldn’t lose sleep. It’s the fact that the premier league are saying that for 9 fucking years we’ve been providing false accounts etc it’s just mental. Faith in the club but this is going to linger on and on don’t see any positives.
The 9 year may well be to so with the Etihad deal I would imagine, but IF we have cooked the books for 9 years and found guilty were fucked, Abu Dhabi is fucked and so will be our accounts company, which leads me to believe this is utter tosh.

I don’t think that really matters, tbh. We can both afford the best lawyers.
Compromises would normally be made but has this not got to the stage where the club simply will not accept even the smallest charge or admittance of guilt (uncooperating).

This will get nasty, complicated and very drawn out, and everyone's brand will suffer.

Can the Premier league afford to suffer reputational damage?

I think that’s unfair. Arteta was only assistant coach and not at the pay grade to know confidential stuff implied by the charges. He was only at City from 2016 to 2019 and Pep would likely have known much more than him. Two things though. If you’re innocent of the charges then there would be nothing for someone to ‘grass’. Secondly, I doubt you’d be pointing the finger at Arteta if Arsenal were currently mid table.

Personally, I think the suggestion that there is some kind of ‘grass’ out there is nonsense.
I agree to be honest I was putting it out there as it came to mind but in reality I don't think there is an inside leak it makes no sense.

What a ride this last 15 years has been. Whatever happens now, I've seen the greatest moment and the greatest team under the greatest manager in English football history.

The rest of the football world can fool itself all it wants that FFP is a legitimate thing but deep down they know. And, more to the point, we know.

Compromises would normally be made but has this not got to the stage where the club simply will not accept even the smallest charge or admittance of guilt (uncooperating).

This will get nasty, complicated and very drawn out, and everyone's brand will suffer.

Can the Premier league afford to suffer reputational damage?
Have they got any money.A few months back they were selling Lowry paintings.

Look, regardless of any stories these guys are light years ahead of the likes of the Premier League when it comes to legal matters. They deal in contract law with deals valued in hundreds of millions on a regular basis without batting an eyelid. This is about as serious to them as a parking ticket is to you and me, and I have every confidence that they know what they're doing when it comes to operating a business, whether that business is a football club or a 7 star hotel in Dubai.

As for the PL, this is just a witch hunt at best, they've never been happy that we snuck in and stole the glory from their pet clubs (you know who they are). The sad thing is when you look at what the club's owners have done and the money they have poured into projects around the club, the PL should be proud and use their achievements as good publicity for the league around the world, not do the exact opposite. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the likes of united and Liverpool have something to do with this.
You have reminded me of meetings I had, that I cannot disclose the details of given that they involved negotiations between our central Government and a local authority owned organisation, in which I patiently explained to the CEO that although he had indeed hired the very best lawyers and accountants to advise him about the transaction under consideration, they had in fact given him completely wrongheaded advice because they had failed to understand that the legal and accountancy rules which applied in the private commercial sector did not apply in the public sector.
My understanding is that the rules which the Premier League is invoking have almost nothing, whatsoever, to do with the commercial issues that our owners have expertise in.
And as you, rightly, say, actually this is a witch hunt. So don't expect the rational.

Investing my own money on my business is a crime

But getting loans & selling possible future income is fine
101% it's so very wrong but so is cooking the books, that's a serious crime and one I simply can't believe we took part in.

If we have, we are doomed and probably rightly so.

If the allegations are false, I would say it would have serious ramifications for the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.