PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This thread has gone off track we need a separate one for this new rule :D

but as its already off track ill contribute further to the madness.

City's total wage bill for 2023/2024 season according to spotrac is around 220m. Assuming we sell players and buy players i don't see what the issue is if we have a cap of 500 mil? Assuming that the cap also includes all costs for other club related wages assume 100 mil for coaches staff etc then you still have 180 mil left over for our brown envelope payments :D...but in all seriousness can someone explain the negative of the cap other than the obvious one of dictating how a business can spend its own money (which i agree is madness)

Im not going to judge the rules until I understand them more but the point above about bonuses is quite interesting, lets assume for a minute that we are on for the treble next season and it comes down to the CL final, if we win it then the whole playing squad gets a bonus that suddenly puts us outside of the permitted spend. Given the players are all on contracts written before these rules came into affect, where the hell does this go.
Do we get to a situation where players get told to throw a CL final just to ensure the club comply to a set of rules like this?
The additional prize money for winning it should cover any bonuses I imagine.

Not quite as they’re proposing a 2 tier system. Qualify for European competition and you mirror UEFA rules at 70% of revenue. Not qualifying for Europe, 85% of revenue is the proposal. Currently would make no real difference to City domestically, but will potentially hamper Villa and the Bar-codes.
Where it will make a difference is in Europe. If City and Madrid both earned £900M, under these proposals, Madrid could spend £630M in a season and City, if the ‘anchor point’ is set at 4.5 for example, could only spend £450. This is why the multiple of that anchor point becomes vital. A multiple of 6 not much difference, 4.5 pretty significant.
it will be 4.5 to 5 as that's what's been said it will be. it will be easy to pass at that level as virtually 16 clubs are unaffected by it and actively want a lower number. Anyone thinking it will be 6+ is in cloud cuckoo land

My thoughts exactly.

All these financial rules and proposals are all dressed up to stop us.

If it was just United, Arsenal and Liverpool going toe to toe for the league every year these rules wouldn't even exist.

If the PL were confident that we are guilty and are going to get relegated they wouldn't need to Introduce these pie in the sky proposals!!!
Initially, after FFP failed to stop City, perhaps they thought our owner would stop investment and join them in taking a cut each year.
To date that has not happened so this effectively is their attempt to brake the City investment model in its more mature phase.
The Investment our owner shows seems endless, they want cash cows not a global investment competition.

Now why doesn’t that surprise me! We used to go to Withington Con Club on a Friday when we were 16/17 and he was quite high profile around there at the time.
It must be him, he had Boris type hair but very blonde and a swagger that he could carry off without embarrassment. I have to say he was very good at his job and all the pupils engaged with him, do you know if he’s still with us?

Masters presiding over the biggest act of commercial incompetence, gross misconduct and dereliction of duty in the history of commerce - never-mind sporting history. Talk about missed opportunities for investment and cementing the PL as the most prestigious in the World for years to come
All to appease the protectionist cowards. The man needs stringing up - but having no backbone, he'd just flutter. Complete imbecile.
He'll be the leader of the Tories in 10 years, he'd fit right in, slimy fucker.

Probably the most sensible comment ever posted by a United fan on that forum regarding this topic and something so many of us have been saying all along. Of course, confidence from Khaldoon won’t necessarily win us the case but it’s a strong indicator that we’ve done nothing wrong.

My thoughts exactly.

All these financial rules and proposals are all dressed up to stop us.

If it was just United, Arsenal and Liverpool going toe to toe for the league every year these rules wouldn't even exist.

If the PL were confident that we are guilty and are going to get relegated they wouldn't need to Introduce these pie in the sky proposals!!!
We will have a draft soon. This is the first step on the way to an American style league.
Can you imagine (say) Oxford United coming up again and limiting the league to next to nothing per team budget . No way the yanks will let that happen. They will close the shop

it will be 4.5 to 5 as that's what's been said it will be. it will be easy to pass at that level as virtually 16 clubs are unaffected by it and actively want a lower number. Anyone thinking it will be 6+ is in cloud cuckoo land
4.5x would be a disaster for City. We'd have to make significant savings on what we spend now.

In theory the club could make well over £100M profit and fail the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.