PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

it will be 4.5 to 5 as that's what's been said it will be. it will be easy to pass at that level as virtually 16 clubs are unaffected by it and actively want a lower number. Anyone thinking it will be 6+ is in cloud cuckoo land
You could be right but, logically, if current and future stars are attracted to clubs outside the PL, if Harland, Rodri and Foden go to Madrid, Saka and Rice go to Paris, Van Dick and Arnold go to Barca etc, the TV money will soon start to go down and that multiplier will be a multiple of less and less.
As for improving facilities or even building a new ground, why bother?
English success in Europe will diminish year on year and the PL will go the way of the championship.
That might be what the ultimate aim is but it’ll come as a bit of a surprise to a few and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a few owners decide to cash in sooner rather than later.

It’s all so amateurish & clearly another attempt to stop us. We make more than any other team so they can only stop us by linking spending to the bottom clubs’ income rather than our own!! Just unbelievable
As I understand its the bottom clubs broadcasting income it's tethered to, so who controls that.

Reactions: CC1
You could be right but, logically, if current and future stars are attracted to clubs outside the PL, if Harland, Rodri and Foden go to Madrid, Saka and Rice go to Paris, Van Dick and Arnold go to Barca etc, the TV money will soon start to go down and that multiplier will be a multiple of less and less.
English success in Europe will diminish year on year and the PL will go the way of the championship.
That might be what the ultimate aim is but it’ll come as a bit of a surprise to a few and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a few owners decide to cash in sooner rather than later.
To be honest I think the top clubs should fuck it off and just go down a Super league route. I’m not sure why everyone was so up in arms about that. Why does everything have to stay the same as it always has been?

Really unbelievable. Trouble is, it helps the majority of clubs to compete with us. But as already mentioned, if bonuses are included, if a club reaches end of season finals which attract bonuses, how is a club expected to plan that far ahead
Once we're dragged back down to their levels they'll change the fuckin rules again.

Was chatting to a Forest fan yesterday who said something along the lines of "the sooner you and the other 5 just fuck off and form the Super League, the better".

Should of said we did the premier league & just lately they’ve let has has beens like yourselves in ;)

This. Exactly this. Why the PL would want to restrict investment into its own league is beyond me.
Why the government would allow the restriction of taxation through expenditure is beyond me.

The whole thing is just killing your own competitive advantage. Utter madness.

It's turkeys voting for Xmas.

Good. If it brings the likes of West Ham, Everton and Leeds etc closer to us and the rest of the established ‘top 6’ and gives them a decent chance of success, I’m all for it.

The next coach will have to utilise the academy rather than stockpiling Nunes, Doku and even Grealish-types, and the new sporting director will have to find some more Harts, Kompanys and Zabaletas.
That's a strange take from a City fan? It will also bring Arsenal and Liverpool closer to us if we need to make cut backs, is that good news?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.