PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The media narrative is changing with even a hint of blaming the PL for the mess, you can see the ground is being prepared for a way out but from what I have been told the only way out for City is complete exoneration no settlement that implies any kind of guilt, I believe this is where the impasse is, they should have believed Khaldoon when he said the club would not take anymore pinches.

I can also see the PL's side in this, this whole charade was rushed through (and we do suspect who rushed it) it was broken down into the 115 narrative in order to do the maximum dame to the club, but now it's damaging the PL, the only way out is a full tribunal hearing that City will win, and the lack of evidence will be embarrassing, how do they get out of this hole? For a start the media lackies are stopping digging them deeper watch this space
Even Jeff stelling defending us this morning on talksport saying they’re “charges” at the moment and we shouldn’t forget the may be innocent. And saying the premier league have created a mess

They changed the rules it's quite simple really, the club say they complied with the rules as they stood, and you can not retrogressively charge people for breaking a rule or law that did not exist at the time

To be frank, I think this is missing the point.

Ultimately, the PL has accused the club of accounting fraud, and their evidence will have to be cogent and extensive to prove that.
Exactly !!! The charges are far more serious than anything affected by PL rule changes.

No idea who the Athletic have interviewed - but whoever it was doesn’t seem to have a clue about the charges.

They made it harder for themselves when the landed 115 charges on us, instead of the 5 that we all know it is. We let them sort out their mess. Even a small fine means other fans, saying we were guilty

It has been mentioned many times that our club are "very relaxed" about the charges but I don't think we have noticed just how unconcerned the club is. Khaldoon was positively radiant yesterday and the players and staff all seem unworried. Several factors may explain the atmosphere around the club. Complete innocence is obviously the first but feeling the conflict is to be fought out on a field we dominate is another.

Our opponents have made the mistake of believing that success in football is purely the result of money. They want/need to make a profit and so income and expenditure are key to this. So, the rights of owners to spend their own money must be limited, income must be limited to acceptable streams and spending to the size of these streams. This has backfired in a big way: City have a record revenue, the rags are a billion in debt. There seems no case to answer on concealment, fraud or spending money other clubs don't like us spending...

What City have done in secret is to remember that football is a sport, played by players on a pitch with a ball! The owners and the staff, both on and off the pitch, have built a club which aims to win matches and it has recruited the best people in the world to do that.

My conclusion is that as long as the PL and its clubs are obsessed with money and with regulations that protect the perceived interests of a tiny minority of clubs and continue to ignore what football is, city will not only continue to dominate but that that domination will grow and deepen. It won't end at four in a row!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.