PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They're really really hurting. I think it's the history making thing that's really triggered them today.

Talksport is just wall to wall coverage of why City are guilty.

They should shut up because its the fuel our club need to go on and win a 5th title in the bounce. Then they will cry even more.

Grown people throwing toys out of the pram is so embarrassing to see. It really shows their pain.

Up the blues, we've destroyed our opposition on the pitch, off the pitch, AND in their heads. Complete and utter destruction.

The thing is if we are not found guilty, these cunts will find something in the verdict to spin for their own narrative and say it doesn't mean we're not actually guilty, something they can spin as a "technicality" rather than innocence.

That's why I don't pay them any mind. You can see through them easily and it kills them to give us any credit without a "but" after it.

I know I'm pissing in the wind with this, but I'd love someone to give me a coherent and rational explanation of how exactly these alleged breaches, which only go up to 2018, have an impact on how Pep sets his team up, and the technical mastery & genius of players like Rodri, KDB & Foden? What's the linkage between those payments to Mancini in 2010-2013 and Foden's 20 yeard screamer yesterday?

The only remotely rational linkage I've seen is that if we'd had points deducted, we wouldn't have won the league. But even a points deduction is separate to our on-field performances. Are Everton a worse team due to their 8-point deduction? If we'd had points deducted 2 seasons ago, would that diminish our achievement in the last 2 seasons?

And when (not if) we are cleared of the substantive breaches, will the media pack change their tune and acknowledge that we achieved what we did largely thanks to Pep's genius as aa coach, or will they still be trotting out the lines that we got off on a technicality, spent more on lawyers or be going through the PL IC's detailed verdict with a fine-toothed comb looking for any morsel that might support their view that we were guilty of something, regardless of how tricial that was?

The thing is if we are not found guilty, these cunts will find something in the verdict to spin for their own narrative and say it doesn't mean we're not actually guilty, something they can spin as a "technicality" rather than innocence.

That's why I don't pay them any mind. You can see through them easily and it kills them to give us any credit without a "but" after it.
correct.....thats all we've had since the CAS ruling is that we got "away" with it due to the evidence being "time barred" .....i dont believe any evidence is time barred with this PL investigation, so if as hoped, we are cleared then we can finally lay that one to bed at least.

All thats left then will be we bought/bribed the PL to get away with our crimes! i dont think we can win either way......unless the PL come out and say "we are incredibly sorry but we can find no evidence of any wrong doing from Man city, all the evidence they produced has shown that they have fully complied with all the rules, their books are clean, they havent misled us with fraudulent sponsorship deals etc etc" ...... which would basically make themselves look like dicks and incompetent which im pretty sure they dont want to admit too! :-)

So if were guilty then throw the book at us by all means, and if were cleared then i dont want any of this, "yeah they are cleared but only because blah blah so were giving them a £100mil fine" .....that wont fully clear our name and the suspicions will continue for ever and a day! i want us cleared 100% with no ifs or buts!!!

I know I'm pissing in the wind with this, but I'd love someone to give me a coherent and rational explanation of how exactly these alleged breaches, which only go up to 2018, have an impact on how Pep sets his team up, and the technical mastery & genius of players like Rodri, KDB & Foden? What's the linkage between those payments to Mancini in 2010-2013 and Foden's 20 yeard screamer yesterday?

The only remotely rational linkage I've seen is that if we'd had points deducted, we wouldn't have won the league. But even a points deduction is separate to our on-field performances. Are Everton a worse team due to their 8-point deduction? If we'd had points deducted 2 seasons ago, would that diminish our achievement in the last 2 seasons?

And when (not if) we are cleared of the substantive breaches, will the media pack change their tune and acknowledge that we achieved what we did largely thanks to Pep's genius as aa coach, or will they still be trotting out the lines that we got off on a technicality, spent more on lawyers or be going through the PL IC's detailed verdict with a fine-toothed comb looking for any morsel that might support their view that we were guilty of something, regardless of how tricial that was?
You can bet your life Gobshite Jordan will find something .

It has been mentioned many times that our club are "very relaxed" about the charges but I don't think we have noticed just how unconcerned the club is. Khaldoon was positively radiant yesterday and the players and staff all seem unworried. Several factors may explain the atmosphere around the club. Complete innocence is obviously the first but feeling the conflict is to be fought out on a field we dominate is another.

Our opponents have made the mistake of believing that success in football is purely the result of money. They want/need to make a profit and so income and expenditure are key to this. So, the rights of owners to spend their own money must be limited, income must be limited to acceptable streams and spending to the size of these streams. This has backfired in a big way: City have a record revenue, the rags are a billion in debt. There seems no case to answer on concealment, fraud or spending money other clubs don't like us spending...

What City have done in secret is to remember that football is a sport, played by players on a pitch with a ball! The owners and the staff, both on and off the pitch, have built a club which aims to win matches and it has recruited the best people in the world to do that.

My conclusion is that as long as the PL and its clubs are obsessed with money and with regulations that protect the perceived interests of a tiny minority of clubs and continue to ignore what football is, city will not only continue to dominate but that that domination will grow and deepen. It won't end at four in a row!

Yes, that's the thing isn't it? For 15 years they have been so obsessed with stopping City that they have taken their eye off the real ball. And what a mess they are all in ....

The only reason I have seen as to why it matters now is that the alleged breaches between 2009 and 2014 allowed us to get to a position to be attractive to Guardiola, and that he wouldn’t have come otherwise.
This argument fails to acknowledge that the management team at City included Pep’s former Barcelona colleagues and that he would have come anyway.

Exactly my thoughts. When people think with their anus , thought process is shiity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.