PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Even Jeff stelling defending us this morning on talksport saying they’re “charges” at the moment and we shouldn’t forget the may be innocent. And saying the premier league have created a mess
I don’t agree with the media changing at all ??? It’s getting worse and I’ve not seen anything written or spoken in the media without 115 as the main focus
It will be this dick-head in all probability - Keith Wyness. In the press every 2 days quoting us ! https://www.google.com/search?q=ex+...xMjI4ajBqMTWoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
ha ! He was actually the first name that popped into my head when I read the article this morning.

If he is the source then can pretty much discount everything that was quoted.

I know I'm pissing in the wind with this, but I'd love someone to give me a coherent and rational explanation of how exactly these alleged breaches, which only go up to 2018, have an impact on how Pep sets his team up, and the technical mastery & genius of players like Rodri, KDB & Foden? What's the linkage between those payments to Mancini in 2010-2013 and Foden's 20 yeard screamer yesterday?

What I've seen/heard from the bitters is that their rational is that without our "cheating" in the early years, we'd not have been able to get into a position where we could then attract the players & managers we have since to gain and maintain our success.

It mainly comes from rags who still can't get over the critical blow Mancini delivered to their club.

It has been mentioned many times that our club are "very relaxed" about the charges but I don't think we have noticed just how unconcerned the club is. Khaldoon was positively radiant yesterday and the players and staff all seem unworried. Several factors may explain the atmosphere around the club. Complete innocence is obviously the first but feeling the conflict is to be fought out on a field we dominate is another.

Our opponents have made the mistake of believing that success in football is purely the result of money. They want/need to make a profit and so income and expenditure are key to this. So, the rights of owners to spend their own money must be limited, income must be limited to acceptable streams and spending to the size of these streams. This has backfired in a big way: City have a record revenue, the rags are a billion in debt. There seems no case to answer on concealment, fraud or spending money other clubs don't like us spending...

What City have done in secret is to remember that football is a sport, played by players on a pitch with a ball! The owners and the staff, both on and off the pitch, have built a club which aims to win matches and it has recruited the best people in the world to do that.

My conclusion is that as long as the PL and its clubs are obsessed with money and with regulations that protect the perceived interests of a tiny minority of clubs and continue to ignore what football is, city will not only continue to dominate but that that domination will grow and deepen. It won't end at four in a row!
So you’re saying we have a chance to win 5 in a row? -:)

I know I'm pissing in the wind with this, but I'd love someone to give me a coherent and rational explanation of how exactly these alleged breaches, which only go up to 2018, have an impact on how Pep sets his team up, and the technical mastery & genius of players like Rodri, KDB & Foden? What's the linkage between those payments to Mancini in 2010-2013 and Foden's 20 yeard screamer yesterday?

The only remotely rational linkage I've seen is that if we'd had points deducted, we wouldn't have won the league. But even a points deduction is separate to our on-field performances. Are Everton a worse team due to their 8-point deduction? If we'd had points deducted 2 seasons ago, would that diminish our achievement in the last 2 seasons?

If you speak to opposition fans, you'll very quickly find out that most of them aren't aware the financial charges end in 2018, and those that do are operating on the assumption that anything we were doing from 2010-2018 has carried on and we're still cheating now which is why we were charged with non-coop for 2018-2023, which is why they think it effects Pep's side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.