PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This disgusting article by that twat Syed is in today’s Times.
Basically suggesting City cheat at everything.
Read and be appalled.

Silky on the pitch, super silks off it – all part of Man City’s ‘magic’

Maybe, but he does get some pretty big things wrong. Or the people that tell him this info do. Everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.

Stefan either on here or on twitter posted something a while ago which has stuck with me. It was words to the effect of that during cases of extremely complex litigation, both opposing parties can be 100% confident in their position but ultimately one of them will lose when it comes to the verdict.

Can anyone explain why we didn't co-operate if we haven't done anything wrong ? always wondered this

Because there is a lack of trust.

Imagine you had beef with a company (OCP) that ran the police force because you didn’t get along with the executive chairman.

Now imagine the police came round to your house and demanded to search the property while you know you’ve done nothing wrong.

Imagine they then come out of the kitchen and started claiming the kettle you use is old enough to put your family and neighbours in mortal danger because the plug is a bit iffy.

If you start giving everyone free access, if someone really wants to find something, no matter the company, they will. It’s therefore better to take the pinch of not co-operating and let them produce any evidence they have themselves.

Last edited:
Maybe, but he does get some pretty big things wrong. Or the people that tell him this info do. Everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.
Exactly. Enjoy whatever ostensible good news that comes along, and this certainly qualifies, but be mindful that strategic games may be being played, false information may be being leaked for purposes we don’t know about, people may be being used, etc etc

Stefan either on here or on twitter posted something a while ago which has stuck with me. It was words to the effect of that during cases of extremely complex litigation, both opposing parties can be 100% confident in their position but ultimately one of them will lose when it comes to the verdict.

Can be, not always are. I just don't see how the PL can expect to prove the charges.

I think for a lot of Blues it’s taken some of the shine off our incredible achievements.
No way. Not for me. I am enjoying winding our rivals up.

Its slowly dawned on me that our rivals will remember this period of dominance forever. They would NEVER acknowledge our achievements anyway, thats a given, we dont acknowledge Utds achievements. And if we're found innocent that will crush them even further. If we keep all the titles, trophies and points that will seal it. All they will be left with is the echo chamber of tribalist cheats accusations. They'll be conspiracy nuts.

Right now though I am going to enjoy it, we've won everything and our rivals hate that obviously, that they think we've cheated is the icing on the cake. But thats tribalism, who can hurt who the most.

The general public will just see the verdict.

This disgusting article by that twat Syed is in today’s Times.
Basically suggesting City cheat at everything.
Read and be appalled.

Silky on the pitch, super silks off it – all part of Man City’s ‘magic’

What an utterly pathetic article, he’s a fucking prick.

Because there is a lack of trust.

Imagine you had beef with a company (OCP) that ran the police force because you didn’t get along with the executive chairman.

Now imagine the police came round to your house and demanded to search the property while you know you’ve done nothing wrong.

Imagine they then come out of the kitchen and starting claiming the kettle you use is old enough to put your family and neighbours in mortal danger because the plug is a bit iffy.

If you start giving everyone free access, if someone really wants to find something, no matter the company, they will. It’s therefore better to take the pinch of not co-operating and let them produce any evidence they have themselves.

It's the difference between an amicable and a hostile investigation. It's pretty clear this was seen as hostile, so the club only gives what it thinks it is required to, when it is required to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.