PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Tolmie gets far more correct than not........and even when his information doesn't come to fruition it's usually because circumstances have changed or players have changed their minds about a transfer etc.

He has definitely had a snippet from a connected source.

I don't for a second doubt he's only posting what he's been told. I do doubt that it's concrete factual information based on 100% knowledge and isn't simply hopeful messaging from a position of confidence and optimism. There's a distinct difference between the two especially at this stage.

I asm noot sure about that. The Superleague has come against a backdrop of financial problems for those clubs tht want the Superleague. City are part of that agreed. They do not like us making and taking all the profits. Their fans would defintaly want a superleague now though.
I suspect if they tried for it again the fans would embrace it.

When someone’s making, someone’s losing it’s simple economics.

Every quid, dollar or Euro made by City is a quid, dollar & euro lost by the cartel.

I never realised that. How the hell did they not know there own rules and how can any club be found to be breaking the rules if no one knows them. Crazy.

UEFA rules say the limitation is five years from the date of prosecution, but they didn't define what prosecution meant, iirc. City had a view, UEFA had a view and the CAS panel had a different view. But they were in charge so the CAS interpretation won out :)

There is no question that the language of the big players has changed and moderated. Much more nuanced now. And this happened around the time Tolmie tweeted about the letters. If I recall correctly, only Tebas was named as a definite recipient. (The “freelance loons” do have influence but in any event would be difficult to constrain by a “cease and desist“ letter - don’t think Goldbridge would run it by his legal team !). I understand people wanting to be cautious and avoid false hope but the overall picture painted by Tolm’s successive tweets is perfectly credible and aligns with the likely progress of the dispute (discovery, preliminary discussions etc). There would be no gain for the club to feed him false information. Add-in also the very bullish remarks of the non-Exec Director in the Times Interview. I am personally very confident about the outcome - but could be proved wrong of course.
There is no way this issue will run to 2025 - as the Premier League is very publicly destroying its reputation and will be looking for a way out. Masters will be thrown on the bonfire. It’s all about timing and I’d guess the Summer would be perfect.
All opinion of course - but there seems to be a very clear pattern.

Seriously hoping that this proves to be the outcome as the narrative has been relentlous and waring.

If and when we get cleared of all the charges social media will go into meltdown and that will be the time the club will issue cease and desist notices , the general media will have to be wary of any false accusations because they will be sued for defamation. Next few months are going to be very interesting, if do get cleared then our club will have to get the 100 lawyers back in action and go legal on every single social media and general medai outlet who will no doubt continue to smear our name.
Would be nice to see a c*nt like Simon Jordan in court and our club taken every last penny of his rapidly diminishing fortune
Week off work for me. I’ve got so many bookmarks on Twitter that I’ll be paying a revisit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.