PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m not sure anyone can evaluate whether cease and desist letters have been sent (and consequently worked) if we don’t know who they’ve been sent to!
I think some are taking it far too verbatim. My understanding is that "gentle reminders" in general correspondence is more apposite.

If you were stop-and-searched by a passing copper every time you stepped out the door, you’d soon get pissed off.

City are a business with sensitive data about itself and partners who trust them with theirs. The PL don’t have the right to every little detail of the whole business, we had private data leaked during the UEFA affair which could only have come from them so City decided not to risk any more leaks with anyone else.
Surely they have the right or they wouldnt have charged us with non - co operation..

This disgusting article by that twat Syed is in today’s Times.
Basically suggesting City cheat at everything.
Read and be appalled.

Silky on the pitch, super silks off it – all part of Man City’s ‘magic’

The only paper I get is the Sunday Times. He writes a column in the news part which is as dreary as this pathetic juvenile attempt at humour is unfunny (To be sarcastic you have to be subtle. This fails miserably).

The hatred of our club is so bad that these smug idiots are forced to find new ways of saying the same old thing.

All due to an owner funding his team.

Pathetic.

This disgusting article by that twat Syed is in today’s Times.
Basically suggesting City cheat at everything.
Read and be appalled.

Silky on the pitch, super silks off it – all part of Man City’s ‘magic’

"Magically...City have a wage bill of £423million and 520 employees compared with Liverpool’s wage bill of £373million and 1,005 employees"

Who does he think those extra employees are? They're not going to be players on £400k a week. They'll almost certainly be catering staff and cleaners, that will come under another budget at City, and who would hardly make a dent in that wage bill. Anyone with half a brain can work out just how many part time low paid workers you can employ for a few million a year.

In case he needs help:

500 people costing £40k a year (so a reasonable full-time wage, with employer on costs) = £20m

1 player on £385k a week = £20m

Given that many of those 500 are likely to be low paid and part time, you could probably pay most of them with Sergio Gomez's wages.

It's fucking embarrassing that this kind of stuff gets into a national newspaper, and that level of maths from a man who studied PPE at Oxford is just shocking.

Surely they have the right or they wouldnt have charged us with non - co operation..
Well we don’t know what or how often they asked for cooperation, but it feels as though City got a little miffed when confidential information got leaked and also the fact that they felt there were fishing expeditions going on so decided it best to frame everything legally. It’s not exactly non-cooperation, I doubt we were refusing to hand over information, more like you can have what you’re entitled to but it must be done in a certain way.

(four of their top ten sponsors are linked to the UAE, including the stadium and shirt sponsor Etihad)

So that means the majority of the club’s main sponsors aren’t linked to the UAE.

Therefore, if these non-UAE sponsorships are in line with the UAE-linked sponsors then they must be fair value/legitimate.

Syed has clearly started writing the article thinking “I’ll include the fact all City’s sponsors are UAE linked, ha ha ha, gotcha!”

He’s then looked at the data and it hasn’t told him what he wanted it to. Yet he’s forged on ahead with that angle regardless, which is just the height of laziness.

if you’re going to have a pop at discrediting the club at the least put a bit effort in.

A lamentable article, but unsurprising given it’s been written by a failed table tennis player.
Most of united's sponsors are based in America and they've been American owned for decades.... Oh wait, they're owners are white and western and the club wears red

Well we don’t know what or how often they asked for cooperation, but it feels as though City got a little miffed when confidential information got leaked and also the fact that they felt there were fishing expeditions going on so decided it best to frame everything legally. It’s not exactly non-cooperation, I doubt we were refusing to hand over information, more like you can have what you’re entitled to but it must be done in a certain way.
fair point.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.