PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

(four of their top ten sponsors are linked to the UAE, including the stadium and shirt sponsor Etihad)

So that means the majority of the club’s main sponsors aren’t linked to the UAE.

Therefore, if these non-UAE sponsorships are in line with the UAE-linked sponsors then they must be fair value/legitimate.

Syed has clearly started writing the article thinking “I’ll include the fact all City’s sponsors are UAE linked, ha ha ha, gotcha!”

He’s then looked at the data and it hasn’t told him what he wanted it to. Yet he’s forged on ahead with that angle regardless, which is just the height of laziness.

if you’re going to have a pop at discrediting the club at the least put a bit effort in.

A lamentable article, but unsurprising given it’s been written by a failed table tennis player.
Who does he support?

Surely they have the right or they wouldnt have charged us with non - co operation..

Depends mate, both your points can be true.

For example, maybe the rules state something along the lines that members will cooperate fully with any investigation

They then ask you for something that might find you running the risk of GDPR breaches.

You say not having that, they say but if you don’t give it to us you’re not cooperating. You (reasonably) decide it’s better to breach a club rule and the run risk of breaching the law. Won’t be that black and white, but you get the point.

Magically, City pay their staff decent wages instead of being cheapskates who fuck over their employees. The guy must love Walmart - they employ vast numbers of people on shit money as well.

Didn’t they put a bunch on furlough? Small time cunts.

This disgusting article by that twat Syed is in today’s Times.
Basically suggesting City cheat at everything.
Read and be appalled.

Silky on the pitch, super silks off it – all part of Man City’s ‘magic’

Braindead ****. There hasn’t been a QC in the Kingdom for approaching two years.

As a long time reader of this board I really like tolmie and enjoying reading his posts. However I can’t help but feel recently he just posts ambiguous stuff on Twitter to try and farm reactions. Throw enough shit and some of it will stick approach.
I don’t think ‘city will be cleared this year’ is ambiguous, in his defence

The wage quoted is based on the 2023 wage salary as stated in the racist Ziegler article yesterday.

2023 the year of winning it all will included bonuses which the racist Ziegler refused to acknowledge.

That's likely where the difference in the headline figure comes from, but he's making a bit point about the number of staff being double.

That's where his ignorance (or dishonesty) shows up.

There’s an old but very true mantra….
Advisers advise; Executives decide
Lawyers (even the very best) are only Advisers.
You have a point, provided the only motive was to win the dispute - I think an ancillary motive was simply to damage our club. Masters and his handlers (Levy & Co) probably thought it was a clever win-win strategy, but I think they’ve lost control. The PL will provide the fall guys of course and Masters’ head will roll.

At the risk of outing myself as thick as fuck, I struggle with the notion that preposterous charges have been brought by the EPL who must have sought the advice of competent lawyers before they did so. Genuine question to you - do you believe the EPL lawyers are thick as fuck also, or is it the case that the charges were issued by the EPL against legal advice?
For what it’s worth I trust Khaldoon‘s irrefutable evidence statement but as I say it seems virtually unthinkable that any responsible organisation would issue proceedings of such magnitude knowing such proceedings were doomed to fail
The main thing at play when they showed their hand with the charges was that the government were about call out the need for independent oversight of football. It is common knowledge that the PL shit themselves and rushed the charges without proper due diligence. We all read about the updates to the charges wording even after they were published, which is yet more evidence of them rushing the comms. Their problem from then to now is, they'd already played their hand, there was no going back...

It's basically been:

Them: "give us all your documents"
Us: "which ones? You don't need them all"
Them: "you aren't co-operating!"
Us: "we're trying to"
Deffo this plus why the fuck would the best run company in world football disclose its business structure and workings warts and all to its enemies ? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.