PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It certainly has a whiff doesn’t it.
It makes you think, in the day and age where a company can face legal action for misgendering someone, will we ever look to push for racial discrimination charges against both the Premier League and main media outlets, as most of the allegations and stories reside around the sentiment that. 'it must be dodgy because they're in middle east'

"Magically...City have a wage bill of £423million and 520 employees compared with Liverpool’s wage bill of £373million and 1,005 employees"

Who does he think those extra employees are? They're not going to be players on £400k a week. They'll almost certainly be catering staff and cleaners, that will come under another budget at City, and who would hardly make a dent in that wage bill. Anyone with half a brain can work out just how many part time low paid workers you can employ for a few million a year.

In case he needs help:

500 people costing £40k a year (so a reasonable full-time wage, with employer on costs) = £20m

1 player on £385k a week = £20m

Given that many of those 500 are likely to be low paid and part time, you could probably pay most of them with Sergio Gomez's wages.

It's fucking embarrassing that this kind of stuff gets into a national newspaper, and that level of maths from a man who studied PPE at Oxford is just shocking.

The wage quoted is based on the 2023 wage salary as stated in the racist Ziegler article yesterday.

2023 the year of winning it all will included bonuses which the racist Ziegler refused to acknowledge.

(four of their top ten sponsors are linked to the UAE, including the stadium and shirt sponsor Etihad)

So that means the majority of the club’s main sponsors aren’t linked to the UAE.

Therefore, if these non-UAE sponsorships are in line with the UAE-linked sponsors then they must be fair value/legitimate.

Syed has clearly started writing the article thinking “I’ll include the fact all City’s sponsors are UAE linked, ha ha ha, gotcha!”

He’s then looked at the data and it hasn’t told him what he wanted it to. Yet he’s forged on ahead with that angle regardless, which is just the height of laziness.

if you’re going to have a pop at discrediting the club at the least put a bit effort in.

A lamentable article, but unsurprising given it’s been written by a failed table tennis player.

Shows exactly how he wants to portray things doesn't it.

Alternatively, he could say, "if you ignore the main stadium/shirt sponsor Etihad, 6 of the next 9 biggest sponsors are not from the UAE."

That would read a bit different though, wouldn't it.

MSIAC (that's not Martin Samuels, just to be clear)

At the risk of outing myself as thick as fuck, I struggle with the notion that preposterous charges have been brought by the EPL who must have sought the advice of competent lawyers before they did so. Genuine question to you - do you believe the EPL lawyers are thick as fuck also, or is it the case that the charges were issued by the EPL against legal advice?
For what it’s worth I trust Khaldoon‘s irrefutable evidence statement but as I say it seems virtually unthinkable that any responsible organisation would issue proceedings of such magnitude knowing such proceedings were doomed to fail
There’s an old but very true mantra….
Advisers advise; Executives decide
Lawyers (even the very best) are only Advisers.
You have a point, provided the only motive was to win the dispute - I think an ancillary motive was simply to damage our club. Masters and his handlers (Levy & Co) probably thought it was a clever win-win strategy, but I think they’ve lost control. The PL will provide the fall guys of course and Masters’ head will roll.

"Magically...City have a wage bill of £423million and 520 employees compared with Liverpool’s wage bill of £373million and 1,005 employees"
Magically, City pay their staff decent wages instead of being cheapskates who fuck over their employees. The guy must love Walmart - they employ vast numbers of people on shit money as well.

I think it’s pretty clear the letters weren’t sent. The coverage has been worse since weekend.
If a few were sent out to a small of particular targets how would that impact on the wider media?

The coverage after an another title win was inevitable from some quarters.

Just because coverage is negative it doesn’t make it defamatory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.