PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There is no question that the language of the big players has changed and moderated. Much more nuanced now. And this happened around the time Tolmie tweeted about the letters. If I recall correctly, only Tebas was named as a definite recipient. (The “freelance loons” do have influence but in any event would be difficult to constrain by a “cease and desist“ letter - don’t think Goldbridge would run it by his legal team !). I understand people wanting to be cautious and avoid false hope but the overall picture painted by Tolm’s successive tweets is perfectly credible and aligns with the likely progress of the dispute (discovery, preliminary discussions etc). There would be no gain for the club to feed him false information. Add-in also the very bullish remarks of the non-Exec Director in the Times Interview. I am personally very confident about the outcome - but could be proved wrong of course.
There is no way this issue will run to 2025 - as the Premier League is very publicly destroying its reputation and will be looking for a way out. Masters will be thrown on the bonfire. It’s all about timing and I’d guess the Summer would be perfect.
All opinion of course - but there seems to be a very clear pattern.
Agreed. My feeling is that the PL must be looking for a way out which preserves their brand. I thought one option would be to kick the City fiasco to the new regulator but that is now up in the air because of the General Election. Labour have supported the Football Governance Bill up to now but may not regard it as a key priority when (if) they take over power. Either way Masters will lose his job. I think that is probably the real reason he didn't turn up at the Etihad. He must be actively seeking a new job as we speak and being booed by 54,000 people won't help him with his CV.

I don't for a second doubt he's only posting what he's been told. I do doubt that it's concrete factual information based on 100% knowledge and isn't simply hopeful messaging from a position of confidence and optimism. There's a distinct difference between the two especially at this stage.
Any strong private message from City at the moment may be based on confidence but it is also almost certainly part of our legal negotiation tactics with the PL. Neither side will want to incur more legal costs than they need to. It does seem clear that the PL are in a hole though because the negative leaks and press briefings from their side seem to have have dried up. I think that tells its own story.

Khaldoons weight loss?? Anyone concerned about it? He looks ill to me, hope it’s nothing to do with him worrying about these charges??

I just want this whole episode putting to bed once and for all, it’s getting to the point now where rival fans will not be happy not to just be relegated to the bottom leauge but to actually do a bury fc and go out of business with the shutters pulled,
Jesus wept.

This disgusting article by that twat Syed is in today’s Times.
Basically suggesting City cheat at everything.
Read and be appalled.

Silky on the pitch, super silks off it – all part of Man City’s ‘magic’

Who gives two fucks what this prick and his lob sided face have to say.

This **** admitted cheating versus Desmond Douglas in a table tennis match.

People in glass houses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.