PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I remember back in 2012, after the stress of the game there was the exhilaration of winning or first PL, enhanced by the drama of 93:20. In the days that followed, I read all the sports pages, and enjoyed all the praise bestowed on the team for that achievement.

That has gone now. I don't feel the need to look at the newspapers because I know what they will be like, generally. I miss reading the reflections of just how good we are.

There's a "clear and obvious" way out for the PL which preserves the brand and makes them look decent regulators.

"Following the release of 6 or 7 edited emails out of over 3 million illegally obtained emails by a.hacker, there were legitimate concerns raised by PL members about how City were behaving.

We have spent a long time investigating these concerns and have raised them with City. As a result we can confirm that there are no issues, nothing untoward has been done and all rules have been followed. City have co-operated fully in our investigation, which will go no further, and we thank them for that co-operation."

Etc, etc "needed to check, very thorough investigation", etc

The clear and obvious comeback from the hosts of the thick,uniformed,or just downright biased will be to claim bribery, government interference or deeper pockets for lawyers.

This isn't going to just all disappear with a not guilty verdict,the club,like it or not,will have some sort of tarnish attached for years.

There's a "clear and obvious" way out for the PL which preserves the brand and makes them look decent regulators.

"Following the release of 6 or 7 edited emails out of over 3 million illegally obtained emails by a.hacker, there were legitimate concerns raised by PL members about how City were behaving.

We have spent a long time investigating these concerns and have raised them with City. As a result we can confirm that there are no issues, nothing untoward has been done and all rules have been followed. City have co-operated fully in our investigation, which will go no further, and we thank them for that co-operation."

Etc, etc "needed to check, very thorough investigation", etc

Yep then social media will be like

giphy.gif

The clear and obvious comeback from the hosts of the thick,uniformed,or just downright biased will be to claim bribery, government interference or deeper pockets for lawyers.

This isn't going to just all disappear with a not guilty verdict,the club,like it or not,will have some sort of tarnish attached for years.
Only if you care about the opinion of thick and uniformed people, which is definitely not the way to live life.

In the end, we keep on winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.