PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I heard Simon Jordan say the other day that he thinks there will be a settlement so that both clubs can get out of this tangled situation that we find ourselves in,

But I don’t agree with him, I think we will want total exoneration and clearance of are name, I even think the non cooperation will not be accepted by us either,

Its win or bust for us on these charges, I actually think it’s a bigger result for us than whatever happens on Saturday,

If we do get a unanimous decision in are favour of a not guilty win, then I am gonna hire out Mary D’s with all drinks at £1:15,

That will really boil the piss of every cry baby rival lol,

Jordan is just taking that line because rumours emerged about a settlement before Steffan went on TS and his comments were that in the corporate world people will settle if it gets the job done quickly and effectively.

I struggle to see how we successfully argue the non-cooperation charge. At CAS we presented evidence of financially sensitive information being leaked to the NY Times as our justification for closing shop. But CAS, whilst concerned, still fined us because the whole system falls apart if clubs aren't cooperating. We undoubtedly believe that our financials are robust and we've given the PL everything, but if they've requested specific documents and we haven't presented them then we haven't cooperated. We'll argue there was no need to, but again I think it's the fact the system relies on clubs cooperating so we'll get a fine as punishment.

That's fine (pun intended), as long as the main charges are dropped and it's categorically stated that whilst we've been fined for non-cooperation we did submit all requested evidence that was available and it has led the PL to drop the wider charges.

This time around we need to ensure that there's no confusion over non-cooperation and guilt, which is what Jordan and other cunts got so wrong with the CAS verdict. We didn't cooperate initially but then submitted to CAS everything that was required for the main charges to be dropped. That was a City win.

Can someone tell me in here on how in the hell bookies chances will somehow influence our cases whether we going to cleared or not?

Khaldoons weight loss?? Anyone concerned about it? He looks ill to me, hope it’s nothing to do with him worrying about these charges??

I just want this whole episode putting to bed once and for all, it’s getting to the point now where rival fans will not be happy not to just be relegated to the bottom leauge but to actually do a bury fc and go out of business with the shutters pulled,
Maybe he's worried about the absolute state of the rags and feeling guilty for utterly breaking them (and klopp)

Right - unless the IC has talked to this person directly, before they've even had the hearing, then we should ignore it. Doesn't mean we won't be cleared, just that this person wouldn't know and would be highly unlikely the IC themselves even know how they'll rule at this point.
You seem to be assuming nothing happens before the IC hearing. Both sides will have submitted evidence and it’s not impossible that the Premier League lawyers, having seen City’s evidence, are advising that the charges are highly unlikely to be upheld. And that this is known within the club

Last year I remember Tolmie saying with certainty that Erling was coming to City. There were those who believed him and those who most certainly did not and were keen to make sure everyone knew it. Gradually Tolmie explained that he knew this not because of something he'd heard but because of something he had seen. Some time after Erling had signed he explained that he had seen forms concerning his medical insurance. This tells us that Tolmie is not an animated ventriloquist's dummy who simply repeats willy nilly what he hears but someone with contacts who listens and then evaluates it as evidence. This tweet is very definite, Tolmie is very sure and even though he hasn't identified the source we all know Tolmie well enough to know that we would be very wise to take it very seriously. I am certain one of the first things Tolmie has asked is if his source(s) is/are in a position to know or express a valid opinion and he must be satisfied on this point. Does experience show their opinion to be an informed and trustworthy one? If Tolmie is satisfied that the source is both credible and reliable. That doesn't mean that what Tolmie says will inevitably come to pass but it is to be taken seriously and is very encouraging. From me, and many others, thank you Tolmiw.
Tolmie knows his sources and would have been careful to assess info on such a delicate and important matter. No guarantee but….

Can someone tell me in here on how in the hell bookies chances will somehow influence our cases whether we going to cleared or not?

Bookies will initially announce their prices for teams to be relegated, as they do every season as standard. City would usually be the least favourites to go down and subsequently be placed at the largest odds possible, maybe along with Liverpool and Arsenal. Due to the hearing taking place in Autumn, one outcome possibly being enforced relegation, they are in a bit of a conundrum because they don't want to place the odds too high incase people bet on it at that price and the club are relegated which forces them to pay out loads of money.

They have shortened their odds accordingly but nothing like to odds which would suggest they have any information on a likely outcome whatsoever. We're still placed as rank outsiders to be relegated but they have covered their arse to some extent, possibly deterring some punters from betting us because the odds make it no longer worthwhile.

From here, the only way odds may be an indication is if we're suddenly backed in to one of the strong favourites to be relegated and our price shortens dramatically. With the lack of leaks thus far I don't see anything happening with the odds until after the hearing.

TL;DR don't pay them much attention, it's a story out of nothing.

Tolmie posts in good faith & I'm happy with that. I never believe a transfer is done until they're holding a shirt & although this is good news, I'll wait until it's official before popping the champagne corks
Just for the avoidance of doubt, I wasn’t digging Tolmie out there. I look forward to his posts.

You seem to be assuming nothing happens before the IC hearing. Both sides will have submitted evidence and it’s not impossible that the Premier League lawyers, having seen City’s evidence, are advising that the charges are highly unlikely to be upheld. And that this is known within the club
Of course anything is possible, but I don't see why it would be in the PL's interest to drop the charges before a hearing. Remember, they WANT to nail us (which is why they created these "FFP" rules in the first place). Why not just hope for the best at the hearing?

I’ve never heard of the **** so guess I’m lucky.
Last seen calling us vicious rats. An utter constable and a face you’d never tire of punching. We’re all still waiting for the apology he promised to give if we were exonerated by CAS, as well. To the surprise of no-one he failed to deliver

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.