PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's not about trusting me, it's thinking about how this itk poster could make this claim at all, with perfect insight as to how the IC will rule, then claiming zero ambiguity will follow. He could be right, but I haven't seen an explanation as to how he could be.
I'll just say that Tolmie isn't one for attention seeking, isn't one for drama and isn't after likes and all the fame.
Personally I can say from 1st hand experience that he isn't a bluffer and certainly isn't a bullshitter.

He knows people. He even got me an "in" at City for something years ago which I'm eternally grateful for. It isn't for everyone what he says but what he does say has truth running through it.

Of course he can't tell us where he gets his info from as that drops folk in it and that exposes people.

You seem to be assuming nothing happens before the IC hearing. Both sides will have submitted evidence and it’s not impossible that the Premier League lawyers, having seen City’s evidence, are advising that the charges are highly unlikely to be upheld. And that this is known within the club
It’s quite possible that negotiations around HoT for a Settlement Agreement are taking place at this moment. Hammering out detailed heads of terms could easily take weeks perhaps months. It’s perfectly credible that a small number of people at City and their advisors have a good grip on the substance of the discussions. Only opinion of course but possible. I absolutely trust Tolmie’s integrity on this one - it isn't like a player agreeing transfer terms with three different clubs including City and then deciding to go elsewhere.

Can someone tell me in here on how in the hell bookies chances will somehow influence our cases whether we going to cleared or not?
The bookies don't influence anything.

The reduced odds are simply to stop people putting money on us at 3000/1 when the case is ongoing just in case we are found guilty and relegation is imposed, as I likely as that is. It's called covering your bets

Jordan is just taking that line because rumours emerged about a settlement before Steffan went on TS and his comments were that in the corporate world people will settle if it gets the job done quickly and effectively.

I struggle to see how we successfully argue the non-cooperation charge. At CAS we presented evidence of financially sensitive information being leaked to the NY Times as our justification for closing shop. But CAS, whilst concerned, still fined us because the whole system falls apart if clubs aren't cooperating. We undoubtedly believe that our financials are robust and we've given the PL everything, but if they've requested specific documents and we haven't presented them then we haven't cooperated. We'll argue there was no need to, but again I think it's the fact the system relies on clubs cooperating so we'll get a fine as punishment.

That's fine (pun intended), as long as the main charges are dropped and it's categorically stated that whilst we've been fined for non-cooperation we did submit all requested evidence that was available and it has led the PL to drop the wider charges.

This time around we need to ensure that there's no confusion over non-cooperation and guilt, which is what Jordan and other cunts got so wrong with the CAS verdict. We didn't cooperate initially but then submitted to CAS everything that was required for the main charges to be dropped. That was a City win.
I think we can successfully argue the non co-operation allegations precisely because of CAS.

My understanding is that CAS were annoyed with City because had City provided the evidence to UEFA that they presented at CAS then they believed UEFA would have no option but to find that there was no evidence of their allegations.

The Premier League had access to the full CAS report and the evidence provided by City.

Unless The Premier League have new evidence that they could make specific requests of City then all they have been doing is fishing. In my opinion, but I might be talking bollocks.

You seem to be assuming nothing happens before the IC hearing. Both sides will have submitted evidence and it’s not impossible that the Premier League lawyers, having seen City’s evidence, are advising that the charges are highly unlikely to be upheld. And that this is known within the club
This is the key point. The vast majority of these cases are settled before the hearing because evidence is disclosed in advance to the parties involved. Both sets of lawyers will almost certainly have a clear idea of the likely outcome by now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.