PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Personally, I’d find it hard to believe that such a threat was made. It would likely be seen as undiplomatic. However, if this had actually been intimated by Abu Dhabi at government level to the UK, I’d be surprised if it would make a difference. After all, it didn’t stop the Government putting the kibosh on the Abu Dhabi backed bid for the Telegraph and Spectator.

Also, the value of UAE investment in the UK is relatively small compared to that of other countries. In 2021, the UAE and the UK signed agreements for further inward investment into the UK and I’m not sure the UAE would renege on that. Even if they did, they would be replaced by other investors eager to take advantage of any fire sale. The UAE are far too smart for that. Lastly, this is really a matter for City, the Premier League and a multitude of lawyers. It would be inappropriate for either Government in my view, to involve itself in such a parochial matter.

Shankly was wrong. Football is not more important than life and death. Both the UK and UAE have far more weighty matters to concern them. Not least, the Israel/Gaza conflict, Iran, Yemen, Ukraine/Russia and China’s sabre rattling over Taiwan.
That tweet was fake news. City are owned personally by Sheikh Mansour (75pc) and Los Angeles-based Silver Lake (25pc). Contrary to the conspiracy theorists City Football Club is not controlled by the UAE Government and never has been so it is absurd to suggest that "they are going to pull investments out of the UK." Sheikh Mansour has huge personal investments in the UK mostly in the financial and property sectors.

That tweet was fake news. City are owned personally by Sheikh Mansour (75pc) and Los Angeles-based Silver Lake (25pc). Contrary to the conspiracy theorists City Football Club is not controlled by the UAE Government and never has been so it is absurd to suggest that "they are going to pull investments out of the UK." Sheikh Mansour has huge personal investments in the UK mostly in the financial and property sectors.

Thanks for that. I did find that assertion odd and hard to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.