PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Anyone with a brain knows why that is!
Because a load of dippers,rags and Tarquins genuinely believe that 115 is going to bite us on the arse so bet on it.
Odds come right down as a result.

As a comparison. If we all bet on Darwin Balloones to be next season top scorer his odds would tumble. We all know that isn’t happening either.

Ps I wasn’t going to answer you because you asked for someone with a brain :-)

You make some very sound pints points but, equally, I would suggest that it's practically certain City's being charged by the Premier League has been mentioned at governmental levels.
City believe the club is being mistreated. (Probably because they ARE being mistreated). They are a multi-billon pound company with the strongest of ties to Abu Dhabi. Of course, the AD government are going to, at the very least, express concern. It's inevitable that this concern will be couched in pointed language ("thought this was a place where we could do more business buuut...." etc).
I'd agree that it wouldn't go so far as outrage and explicit threats but the UK government, in spite of a great many acts and appearances to the contrary, aren't fucking idiots. (Well, not entirely).
I imagine the Premier League will have been warned that they'd better be bloody sure they can irrefutably defend any awards they make against City.
And rightly so. Any government would do the same to protect its citizens' foreign investments - and not just its highly-connected citizens either.
The Foreign Office commented on this some weeks ago. Basically, they said it was mentioned briefly in a routine meeting and it was no big deal as far as AbuDhabi was concerned.

Because a load of dippers,rags and Tarquins genuinely believe that 115 is going to bite us on the arse so bet on it.

As a comparison. If we all bet on Darwin Balloones to be next season top scorer his odds would tumble. We all know that isn’t happening either.

Well I don't have a brain either cheers for explanation
giphy.gif

When I ran into Khaldoon in a bar in Boston he said: “Lump on us to get relegated, we are totally fucked by the PL’s smoking gun.” I asked what they had got, he said: “They can prove that I falsified all our accounts and that Mansour has paid for everything for the last 15 years. Now the Daily Fail is blackmailing me and I’ve nearly run out of money, so they will tell all next week.”

Last edited:
When I ran into Khaldoon in a bar in Boston he said: “Lump on us to get relegated, we are totally fucked by the PL’s smoking gun.” I asked what they had got, he said: “They can prove that I falsified all our accounts and that Mansour has paid for everything for the last 15 years. Now the Daily Fail is blackmailing me and I’ve nearly run out of money, so they will tell all next week.”
Boston in Lincolnshire, presumably?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.