PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm not on twitter so haven't seen what they've posted but the Mancini, youth players and 'Longbow' emails have come up before if that's what they've posted. In fact I don't think there is anything else? They've been dismissed already as far as I'm aware. Besides, the dick keeps going on about the PL 'prosecuting us' which obviously is bollocks so if they can't even get that right then what's the point of the rest of it?

Don’t think they’ve been dismissed as such, they all came out after the CAS case.

I am totally confident that we will be cleared of the vast majority of the charges, sure we will get saddled with a few for none co-operation and a fine but other than that i feel we will be cleared.

I just fail to see how they can prove that we have done anything wrong, the club state that we have irrefutable evidence to counter the charges. We have never swayed from this stance.

I have to admit that when the charges were raised a part of me suspected that they must have found a smoking gun somewhere, this being the case then surely there would have been some form of leak by now.
Likewise if we were bang to rights then I am sure we would have been trying to agree some form of settlement and trying to manage the narrative, instead we are spending money developing the stadium and infrastructure. Add in that our main sponsor is going public and opening up their accounts and all I can see is the club being extremely confident.

I feel there is a good chance of things developing over the coming weeks now that the season has ended, I can see a situation where the PL back down and stories to this effect start to be leaked.

Of course no matter if the charges are proven or not we will still be labelled as cheats.

I get your point. But the IC will definitely ask our lawyers the very obvious question "Why these damaging emails would even exist if Man City has done nothing wrong or has nothing to hide?".

If our lawyers fail to provide a plausible explanation for the existence of these serious emails, then it's safe to assume that we are genuinely fucked. I just hope and pray that they have a reasonable explanation for that.
I think @KS55 summed up the law quite succinctly to be fair.
Third party “testimony” for want of a better word, is not evidence and jurors are regularly instructed by a judge not to regard it as such, unless the witness can give first hand corroboration.

The emails in this case, have been given context, by other emails and documentation that was accepted by CAS, we have been led to believe.
I don’t see why the same shouldn’t apply to the PL inquiry if it is basically the same “testimony “.

So who do we think this Magic Hat fella is? Never heard a peep from him before and then suddenly he’s all over Twitter acting like he’s advisor to the Premier League. I’ve blocked him cos he’s fucking boring but can’t help thinking he’s not entirely ‘unsponsored’.
One thing is for sure, the volume of work is pretty extraordinary even for some Twitter oddballs. He is not an English lawyer nor prepared to reveal his identity (his prerogative) but the work is high quality albeit openly biased. I haven't read every word nor agree with everything he writes but it is generally fair comment.

But I have never seen a case yet where one side's case doesn't look attractive only to look very different when you read the response.

One thing is for sure, the volume of work is pretty extraordinary even for some Twitter oddballs. He is not an English lawyer nor prepared to reveal his identity (his prerogative) but the work is high quality albeit openly biased. I haven't read every word nor agree with everything he writes but it is generally fair comment.

But I have never seen a case yet where one side's case doesn't look attractive only to look very different when you read the response.

How does he get access to new emails?

“generally fair comment” .. that’s probably why I can’t take to him

It’s well above my pay grade (and haven’t read his latest diatribe) but previously he seemed to me to be pinning a lot of faith on the emails having a different impact than they did at CAS. It just seems a bit strange that he’s appeared almost overnight with very strong, very detailed (and yes, one sided) insights into something that’s been going on for so long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.