PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What have Spurs done to be called "big"? No league title for more than 60 years doesn't make them big. All they have is a shiny new stadium with a large catchment area plus...importantly...London prices. Big profits assured doesn't make them big in status.
First team to win the double in the 20th century and possibly first English team to win a European trophy.
But mostly because they were part of the group that pushed for the creation of the Premier League.

Emails are not evidence of any substantive events referred to. Thus, if I email you telling you to bring your affair with Kate Middleton to an end, it is not evidence of an affair unless corroborated by other evidence. Emails are evidence of a conversation and therefore may be evidence of conspiracy, but even then it would be hard to prove without any substantive act being evidenced elsewhere. CAS afforded the emails little probative value.
I get your point. But the IC will definitely ask our lawyers the very obvious question "Why these damaging emails would even exist if Man City has done nothing wrong or has nothing to hide?".

If our lawyers fail to provide a plausible explanation for the existence of these serious emails, then it's safe to assume that we are genuinely fucked. I just hope and pray that they have a reasonable explanation for that.

I get your point. But the IC will definitely ask our lawyers the very obvious question "Why these damaging emails would even exist if Man City has done nothing wrong or has nothing to hide?".

If our lawyers fail to provide a plausible explanation for the existence of these serious emails, then it's safe to assume that we are genuinely fucked. I just hope and pray that they have a reasonable explanation for that.
They've already provided a plausible explanation, which is why Cas found us not guilty .

Got the 115 from a rag last night in the pub after the parade about cheating City.
Told him not guilty yet and cheating is Wio sneeking out a back window to avoid a drugs test.
Stunned silence from him only broken by his girlfriend saying he got you there.
To be fair he was all right after that.lol.

I don’t agree with your second para. The PL have to show some substantive action that follows from the emails. City could easily say something like:
” All companies that are regulated discuss how to test the limits of the regulations. We are not saying these conversations didn’t take place but there is no evidence that any of them were followed up with any action.(Example: In fact, in the case of email x, the managers concerned were explicitly told that such action would be contra to the regs.) This is what Khaldoon meant by “out of context.” What happened after these conversations is key. City do not have to explain the existence of the emails, the onus is on the PL to prove they were acted on, but I’m sure we will show the how and why of them.

Thought it was up to the PL to prove that the emails are bona fide & NOT out of context???

Some of the emails were written before FFP even existed.

Some only sound bad if you put a negative narrative on them.

Worth reading the CAS verdict before running your mouth.

IMG_6624.jpeg
IMG_6623.jpeg

The emails were reviewed by CAS and deemed immaterial in terms of a guilty verdict, why would it be any different this time. Regardless, an email saying you have done something is nothing without actual evidence. The books show no wrongdoing so the emails are pretty irrelevant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.