PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

shit like this really fucks me off.

Be patient cos ultimately when this all gets brought to a conclusion that Klopp and the rest of their weird cult doesn’t like the crying will be biblical. It’s gonna be piss funny, I’m going to book a few days off work smoke 115 Cuban cigars and enjoy reading the fall out across the media and various football forums.

You're reading that 'the mask has slipped' into all that? Sorry but that's just paranoid on your part.

For what it's worth I think if you've got money to invest in your own football team you should be able to do so however you choose fit. The point I was trying to make was that at the end of the day, talk of relegations is wide of the mark and that my feeling is that a deal will be cut behind the scenes so that everyone can move on. The reasons for this are 2-fold. Firstly so City can move forward so it will be in their interests to bring it to a close ASAP. But secondly it's hardly in the PL's interests for City to be found guilty of the most severe charges. PL football is a highly marketable brand - not going to look good if its prize asset of the last decade gets slapped with massive penalties and makes it look like the PL has been presiding over a dogs dinner. Money talks at the end of the day in big business.
Ok. First post you may have got away with, just a few errors being corrected, but you meant well, perhaps.

Second post? Well I think I know the response you are going to get. I think you are in over your head here.

Ok I'll explain why I think 20 points is a likely outcome. It's a penalty that is severe enough to be significant (and outweigh the penalties given to Forest and Everton, meaning fans of other clubs can shut up about City not having to take their medicine) whilst simultaneously not actually affecting City that much as with a 20 point deduction they are likely to still qualify for the CL etc.

My hypothesis is based on how businesses operate. Also regarding guilt or otherwise - there are shades of grey always when it comes to legal proceedings and even if you know you are totally innocent there's always the fear that the court/jury etc don't see it that way - maybe the opposition lawyer spins a great story, maybe there's inherent bias on the part of the jury etc.

Which is why I think they won't want to risk it. They'll take a penalty 'in the interests of putting the matter to bed' whilst simultaneously maintaining innocence and stating dissatisfaction with the whole process, both sides move on, and in a couple of years the City fans sit back with popcorn watching Chelsea get bent over a desk by the PL before they go in dry.

All opinion, probably worth fuck all, I've absolutely zero inside info etc.
But, FFS, WHAT IS THE PENALTY FOR? (in your humble opinion) They can’t do such a deal without specifying what it’s for.

Last edited:
shit like this really fucks me off.

And its utter bullshit anyway

Which seasons are they referring to? The only seasons we just about finished above them when Klopp was there (18/19 and 21/22) aren't covered by the charges which only go up to 2018. The charges between 2018 and 2023 are just non-co-operation issues which even the most brain dead deluded scouser surely doesn't think would end up in points deductions even if we were found guilty of all of them

It doesn't assume guilt at all. It assumes both parties wanting to end the process quickly and cutting a deal to do so.
No, it means City are guilty in the eyes of every Rag, Dipper, Tarquin, City haters, football fans, journalists, and media outlets.

The second City accept a points deduction and fine, City are saying we are guilty and we'll take the settlement instead of a more severe punishment later on.

There is no fucking way, no fucking way, Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, the board will accept that.

I don't know who you are, or where that info has come from, not read back as I'm in work, but I'm calling it bullshit!!

To be fair, when Khaldoon said that he had no idea that that **** Pinto was going to hack us further down the line and cause a whole load of shit that was impossible to predict. Khaldoon would've been talking about possible straightforward allegations of FFP breaches in the future and he'd have said it with confidence as he knew the club and our revenues would continue to grow over time, meaning we weren't really in danger of sailing close to the wind regarding the break-even part of FFP ever again under this current ownership.

What Pinto and those wankers at Der Spackel have done is thrown in a big fuck-off curveball into the mix and while the club say they will clear their name because they've done nothing wrong - and I fully believe them on that - you can never fully predict how these things will go because it can be open to interpretation. Even @projectriver has said something similar - you can be 100% confident of your position but there is still a slight danger that it can go the other way. That might not be the main charges as the bar will be higher on those but some of the lesser ones, certainly non cooperation (even though I believe we've cooperated far more than we did with UEFA) might stick. And remember that we did accept the CAS fine for non-cooperation so we have indeed taken a pinch since Khaldoon said that in 2014, albeit a very minor one.
We didn't have a choice in accepting the CAS fine for non cooperation did we?

You're reading that 'the mask has slipped' into all that? Sorry but that's just paranoid on your part.

For what it's worth I think if you've got money to invest in your own football team you should be able to do so however you choose fit. The point I was trying to make was that at the end of the day, talk of relegations is wide of the mark and that my feeling is that a deal will be cut behind the scenes so that everyone can move on. The reasons for this are 2-fold. Firstly so City can move forward so it will be in their interests to bring it to a close ASAP. But secondly it's hardly in the PL's interests for City to be found guilty of the most severe charges. PL football is a highly marketable brand - not going to look good if its prize asset of the last decade gets slapped with massive penalties and makes it look like the PL has been presiding over a dogs dinner. Money talks at the end of the day in big business.
In your dreams.
Loser

We didn't have a choice in accepting the CAS fine for non cooperation did we?
Probably not as I don't think we could appeal or have a realistic chance of winning an appeal.

My post was more along the lines of that the club might be open to cutting a deal before the hearing, but only as long as it's favourable to us.

I’ve heard the 20 points rumour from a completely independent source, a corporate lawyer, not practicing in sport. He was at a social in London where a lawyer who has represented other PL clubs and PL players was talking after a few glasses of truth serum had been consumed. He said the PL offered a £50m fine plus 20 point deduction because the IC is completely overwhelmed by the volume and strength of City’s written submissions to the Panel. The offer got the response it deserved. Simon Jordan and Nick Harris are now saying a settlement is on the cards. Sounds like the PL are on the run, they have absolutely botched this and Masters will probably resign first, during the summer. The PL are banking on the constant negative PR forcing City into a settlement, Khaldoon said never again and he meant it. We have taken this shite for years now, we collectively must not buckle one iota. Keep fighting Blues !
“City fight to the end.” Sergio Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.