PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

But, FFS, WHAT IS THE PENALTY FOR? (in your humble opinion)
Nothing. I think he’s saying City take a pinch as Khaldoon once said. It avoids a more damaging situation.

Put it another way… a 30% chance of relegation is worse than a 100% chance of a 20 point reduction.

He's a good poster and I think the pile on is over the top to be honest. As you say, his only crime is that he's a bit misinformed but nowhere near as much as some of the other whoppers we've come across during this process.
No. The crime is not being a bit misinformed, it is coming to a very specific conclusion without doing even the most basic of research such as reading the CAS verdict. He would be ripped to shreds by a KC in court for that.

Well yes, we can only comment on the "evidence" that we know is out there. I suppose it's possible that the PL has more but I really don't care about the minor charges. If the PL can't prove the major charge (the funding of the Etihad sponsorship) then a lot of the more serious stuff (for example: accounts that don't show a true and fair view, UEFA and PL FFP) fall away. I really don't care if we are "guilty" of splitting salaries, image right issues, youth player nonsense and the rest. All clubs stretch the rules.

I suppose it's possible that the PL has more evidence than we know about. But for the sponsorship, I just don't see how anything definitely incriminating will be in the club's books as, if it exists at all, it will all be held externally and this is where the point on statements and reputations comes in.

I also suppose it's possible, if the club has done as alleged, that executives have been careless in leaving some breadcrumbs lying around the club's records that could act as supporting evidence but it would be mind-bogglingly stupid to leave anything in the club's records that would definitely prove the PL's allegations. The club's executives have clearly been careless a few times but I don't think they are stupid.

I agree :)

Nothing. I think he’s saying City take a pinch as Khaldoon once said. It avoids a more damaging situation.

Put it another way… a 30% chance of relegation is worse than a 100% chance of a 20 point reduction.
You just can’t do such a deal for an unspecified sin. You have to say what it’s for, what we have agreed to “plead guilty to”.

The USA has become litigious, an industry in itself with law companies buying cases from others like buying debt and akin to ambulance chasing.

The red top American owners will see it as a legitimate tactic to use against City. To them it is worth the risk with all the reputational damage heaped on City and the PL as the useful idiots who will carry the can. Khaldoon knows that any compromise will be seen as guilt. Once bitten so no more taking pinches.

If/when City are exonerated, they will ensure there is no dubiety surrounding the decision. Our Middle East owners will be taking this personally and are biding their time until due process has been completed. Until we hear the outcome, there is little point in speculation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.