PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’ve heard the 20 points rumour from a completely independent source, a corporate lawyer, not practicing in sport. He was at a social in London where a lawyer who has represented other PL clubs and PL players was talking after a few glasses of truth serum had been consumed. He said the PL offered a £50m fine plus 20 point deduction because the IC is completely overwhelmed by the volume and strength of City’s written submissions to the Panel. The offer got the response it deserved. Simon Jordan and Nick Harris are now saying a settlement is on the cards. Sounds like the PL are on the run, they have absolutely botched this and Masters will probably resign first, during the summer. The PL are banking on the constant negative PR forcing City into a settlement, Khaldoon said never again and he meant it. We have taken this shite for years now, we collectively must not buckle one iota. Keep fighting Blues !
A huge fine and a 20 point deduction is hardly the PL on the run !! If that’s what the PL think they may as well go ahead with their IC. Your information about settlement discussions is likely correct as is that Masters is a dead man walking but I wonder if your lawyer friend was winding you up with the £50m/20pts ?

One significant detail that is often forgotten, or deliberately goes unmentioned.

UEFA had the option, of appealing the CAS verdict. That recourse was there and open to them, at the time.

By choosing not to, they have in fact accepted the ruling.

And as such have accepted Manchester City’s innocence.

That's that, case well and truly closed.

It no longer matters one bit now how much Tebas, Klopp, Simon Jordan, Carragher, or some bitter Arsenal fan pretending to be all objective, now claim that we were in fact found 'guilty' by uefa, but got away with it on a technicality. Or how many times Melissa Ruddy puts 'innocent' under sarcastic air quotes.

The fact is, Uefa themselves chose to accept CAS's delivery of innocence for the club.

Anything claimed to the contrary, is just pure twattery. Whether that is moronic or dishonest, I really don't care, both are equally shit.
Excellent (and timely) post.

That’s true but one member of CAS wasn’t convinced by it first time around for some reason. We won 2-1 rather than 3-0
Which is nothing to do with what I posted. If you read the background on the panel member who voted against City you will understand why he voted against City. The history books will show a win whether thats 3-0 or 2-1 doesn't really matter. There is nothing ambiguous about a victory. Last minute goals count.
93:20 anyone;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.