PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Actually, it is true
Friends of ours emigrated to Australia around 20 years ago
My daughter (27 years old) posted pics on Instagram of us at the parade and the Dad commented back something along the lines of "what are you celebrating for? You've got 115 charges to face"

He's not stupid. He works as a regional manager for one of the largest banks in Australia and is a lifetime Ipswich supporter
There you have it, a new category to add to the know all know fuckall community The Ipswich / other teams Emigrant.

Ok I'll explain why I think 20 points is a likely outcome. It's a penalty that is severe enough to be significant (and outweigh the penalties given to Forest and Everton, meaning fans of other clubs can shut up about City not having to take their medicine) whilst simultaneously not actually affecting City that much as with a 20 point deduction they are likely to still qualify for the CL etc.

My hypothesis is based on how businesses operate. Also regarding guilt or otherwise - there are shades of grey always when it comes to legal proceedings and even if you know you are totally innocent there's always the fear that the court/jury etc don't see it that way - maybe the opposition lawyer spins a great story, maybe there's inherent bias on the part of the jury etc.

Which is why I think they won't want to risk it. They'll take a penalty 'in the interests of putting the matter to bed' whilst simultaneously maintaining innocence and stating dissatisfaction with the whole process, both sides move on, and in a couple of years the City fans sit back with popcorn watching Chelsea get bent over a desk by the PL before they go in dry.

All opinion, probably worth fuck all, I've absolutely zero inside info etc.

This is the kid who was gleefully telling us how the Tarquin’s draw at ours was a top result the other week.

He’s a wum dressed in sheep’s clothing.

They couldn't appeal the verdict, just the process if they felt CAS had abused due process. That's pretty well the same for us with the PL. There has to be very narrow and specific grounds for an appeal to the courts and Swiss Courts have rarely, if ever, gone against CAS.

What about if we picked the judges & bribed them…..

Unless the PL has some amazing evidence, the club is in a much stronger position with the PL allegations now than it was with UEFA in 2014. I just can't see a settlement unless it is on very favourable terms to the club, whether publicly or behind the scenes.
I agree. In the eyes of every football fan, apart from City fans, that agreement was seen as an admission of guilt.

The thing with the emails which were released after the CAS case which needs to be understood is that when City officials represented the club at CAS, they'd have done so in the knowledge that if Pinto had accessed and leaked a small handful of emails, there's every chance he'd have more.

With that in mind, do you really think they'd be dumb enough to perjure themselves by lying their way out of the first batch of emails? They'll have approached the witness bench with the mindset that every email the club has ever sent under the Sheikh's tenure might soon be publicly available.

Suggesting they lied and are now backtracking having been taken completely by surprise by a new batch of emails is fucking naive to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.