PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A huge fine and a 20 point deduction is hardly the PL on the run !! If that’s what the PL think they may as well go ahead with their IC. Your information about settlement discussions is likely correct as is that Masters is a dead man walking but I wonder if your lawyer friend was winding you up with the £50m/20pts ?
Get inspired for New Year's Eve with these 10 outrageous movie party scenes  | Salon.com

I was thinking about this.

Khaldoon is a very, very serious player. Not some spiv off Bury Market.

I'm sure his English is excellent. As good as any native's. He said 'irrefutable evidence.' That's a very high bar. He could have chosen many less definite constructions, without saying: 'They've got us bang to rights, guv.'

If the police came around tonight and accused me of murdering someone, I doubt I could offer 'irrefutable evidence' that I didn't. I'm confident I could present evidence sufficient to persuade a jury that I was not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

'Irrefutable evidence' would be me saying to the police: 'An independent cameraman filmed me for every single minute of yesterday. Here's the video. Feel free to run it past your technical people.'

A very high bar indeed. And if he is exaggerating he is going to look a right cock, as well as a liar. I find it hard to believe a guy like Khaldoon would be so reckless. Especially as it's not just his reputation on the line, but that of Sheikh Mansour, and by extension that of the UAE royal family. I mean, come on. These are people with huge resources and a shedload of influence. They aren't going to be happy if they are made to look like cocks and liars. No way is Khaldoon such a fool. No fucking way.
Exactly this. His end of season interviews will be immaculately planned and he says everything for a reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.