PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Anyone remember back in the day, around the time of the original FFP rules and the UEFA charges, another Arsenal fan set himself up as some sort of FFP expert/guru.
Set up his own website (something like financialfairplay.com)
He managed to wangle a few gigs on Talksport off the back of it, but got absolutely schooled off a load of City fans as having not a scooby about what he was talking about, to the point where he had to re-write his website numerous times.
Turned out he worked in something like finance for HSBC and had no experience in Accountancy, or had the slightest clue what IAS24 was, etc.
I did wonder if this magic hat person was a re-incarnation of this previous guy.
That was Ed Thompson who is a self styled FFP expert but in reality is an out and out charlatan. He started pontificating on BM but was exposed as a KFA clown by posters on here who are financial professionals and actually do know the ins and outs of FFP, particularly @Prestwich_Blue and another poster. He soon disappeared into the ether.

Thompson day job is, or at least was at that time, merely a project manager at an obscure branch of HSBC in Dorset.

Thompson got himself a number of gigs in the media because his bullshit always put City in a negative light. His occasional snide and ignorant articles in WSC were one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.