PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Finally got round to listening to the Harris/Stefan podcast and I was quite shocked to hear how little Harris knew about the 115 charges. He really, really wanted to talk about fair value, wanted to imply they were back on the table now, and had very little sense of how the whole thing was going to play out. This was only recently so has had plenty of time to get his head round the CAS case and listen to a bunch of stakeholders and experts on the details (as best we can work out) re: the IC. Really quite taken aback by how little detail he had given this is his life's work: there's a bunch of journos who have a better grasp (for, against, neutral). Weird.

What's fair value ? If I want to sell my car for 200quid and someone offers 500quid I am meant to say nah mate it's only 200quid !

Buyer is happy to 500quid I'm happy to take 500quid seems fair as both are happy

What's fair value ? If I want to sell my car for 200quid and someone offers 500quid I am meant to say nah mate it's only 200quid !

Buyer is happy to 500quid I'm happy to take 500quid seems fair as both are happy
City -ruining the Car Industry since 2008

So I suppose if you buy a cup of tea off your son on your deathbed for the house and your savings you'll have a tricky time convincing the tax man that it was fair value. So there are laws and regulations in place. But as far as I can tell City, Etihad, the PL, UEFA and everyone else in between has always agreed that it was fair value, albeit on the steeper end of the system and obviously a result of City's relationship to Etihad. And the time since its proven to be of good value. But I was surprised to hear Harris still talking about as it doesn't really have much to do with the charges as everyone understands it.

Fair market value has always been a bug bear of mine because its entirely unworkable as a concept, no outside entity can decide the market value as the market sets the value and thats the way its always been and always will be, as you said if someone offers you over what is considered to be market value you arent not going to take it because to that person its worth 500 quid and that therefore is its value

Finally got round to listening to the Harris/Stefan podcast and I was quite shocked to hear how little Harris knew about the 115 charges. He really, really wanted to talk about fair value, wanted to imply they were back on the table now, and had very little sense of how the whole thing was going to play out. This was only recently so has had plenty of time to get his head round the CAS case and listen to a bunch of stakeholders and experts on the details (as best we can work out) re: the IC. Really quite taken aback by how little detail he had given this is his life's work: there's a bunch of journos who have a better grasp (for, against, neutral). Weird.
Cunts will be cunts,BB.

Reactions: ufo
Another set of thoughts

The replies to the post show you that it doesn't matter how much evidence we have of our innocence and how unlikely it is we have done what we are being accused of, opposition fans are desperate for City to be punished and shifted out of the way. They are desperate and broken and will never believe anything than what they have been fed by the media. Anyway fuck em all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.