PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That's what you take away from this?

A massive legal case has been in process for months. Not one single person with their inside knowledge, sources, fingers on the pulse of the club and known feelings around the place even knew about it. We had all sorts of claims most of which came to nothing, some that turned out to be completely untrue. But something as big and official as this just broke out of nowhere without anyone having a clue.

I find that highly reassuring, for one.

But on the other hand, maybe time people learned to temper their expectations of the inside info and sense a bit more balance.
So much info on 115 is hearsay that when someone says something that, on the face of it, turns out to have some weight then yes I remember it. It doesn’t mean it’s definitely correct. In the same way that if someone says we are signing Haaland and we do, I might look at their other info with more interest. This forum is all speculation. I’m not expecting 100% truths. Why would anybody?

I don’t really understand your point with regards to the related parties dispute (if you don’t mean 115) It was widely reported that one club, presumed to be City, had warned the PL that if the changes were ratified they would challenge them in court. This was back in February and you know this. How is that coming out of nowhere?

There is no link between the two cases.
We are not dealing with an honest broker (pl). I think unravelling their blatantly targeted rules as unfair/discriminatory is key to at least some off the 115 falling apart. It's not that we can't prove we are clear of 'wrongdoing', it's just the PL shift the goalposts continually to ensure we fall foul of their shitty rules. You may be quite right though - I'm actually thread banned from the other thread for just suggesting this.

We are not dealing with an honest broker (pl). I think unravelling their blatantly targeted rules as unfair/discriminatory is key to at least some off the 115 falling apart. It's not that we can't prove we are clear of 'wrongdoing', it's just the PL shift the goalposts continually to ensure we fall foul of their shitty rules. You may be quite right though - I'm actually thread banned from the other thread for just suggesting this.

You can’t just combine cases at the 11th hour.

There is no link other than a symbolic one the press are pushing.

So much info on 115 is hearsay that when someone says something that, on the face of it, turns out to have some weight then yes I remember it. It doesn’t mean it’s definitely correct. In the same way that if someone says we are signing Haaland and we do, I might look at their other info with more interest. This forum is all speculation. I’m not expecting 100% truths. Why would anybody?

I don’t really understand your point with regards to the related parties dispute (if you don’t mean 115) It was widely reported that one club, presumed to be City, had warned the PL that if the changes were ratified they would challenge them in court. This was back in February and you know this. How is that coming out of nowhere?

I stand by what I said. People here are way too quick to lift that flip-flop high up in the air.

Yes there was a mention of a club arguing they could see the rules lead to legal challenges. But let's be honest, the news that it actually happened surprised pretty much everyone.

Has anyone noticed the odds on city being relegated next season? 28-1, whilst the likes of Arsenal are 2500-1. Yes, those odds mean it is unlikely but the disparity between what were the top 2 last season is big and can only have been influenced by the charges.
Bookies odds are not only dictated by the actual chances of something happening

They’re dictated by how much money is being bet on something and how much they want to entice you to bet on something

If you whack 100 grand today on Ederson being top scorer next year, the odds will tumble - but the chances of it happening haven’t massively decreased

I stand by what I said. People here are way too quick to lift that flip-flop high up in the air.

Yes there was a mention of a club arguing they could see the rules lead to legal challenges. But let's be honest, the news that it actually happened surprised pretty much everyone.
I disagree for my part. I followed it with interest at the time and was surprised when it went quiet. I’ve been expecting it since or at least confirmation that City hadn’t decided to follow up on it.

City abstained from the vote on the basis that they couldn’t vote on something they strongly believed was illegal and that their lawyers had advised them not to sign. City advised the PL not to continue. The PL did continue and voted it through with the caveat that the Directors of the clubs could not be privately sued if there was any comeback.

City warned that they were prepared to challenge on that basis. I didn’t think, on balance, that they were bluffing.

My second surprise was only that the date of the hearing had been leaked.

I do however agree that some posters get overly excited or despondent with each bit of new news but you can’t stop that. People in general just want all this to be over and come to BM as a way of avoiding all the biased reporting elsewhere. BM might be an echo chamber but it’s an escape for most.

Personally I don’t care what rivals think (genuinely) I don’t even care if we have broken rules that I believe were unfair in the first place.

City did the right thing to get us where we are. The rules were constructed by our rivals instead of a truly independent body acting in the interests of the game as a whole. City were the only club that voted for Independent governance…not the actions of a club planning to ruin the game but one that wants to be treated equally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.