PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

6 June 2024 - "They did raise some intriguing points in the 165 page document, which I had to read overnight, so thank you very much to person X who sent it to me from our good friends in the media."

An easy mistake to make when you meant to say "I haven't seen the document" :)

I suspect the arbitrators are putting heat on the PL to find out where the leak came from and the last thing Lawton, the person who leaked it and the PL needed is someone indicating it has been passed around.

Not a good look for Maguire, tbh. At least shows poor judgment.

I'm struck, not for the first time recently, by how far away wider discourse about FFP has got from "here to protect clubs from dodgy owners spending what they don't have" to "here to stop rich owners running away with the league". Regulation for the latter is going to be vastly different to the former, and we have ended up with a right regulatory mess.
Surely clubs with big debts should be required to pay off some of the capital each year?
Suppose the lenders call in the money owing?
PSR - circumvented.

Surely clubs with big debts should be required to pay off some of the capital each year?
Suppose the lenders call in the money owing?
PSR - circumvented.

Financial fair play clearly isn’t working when 19 of the 20 Premier League clubs posted losses last year.

An easy mistake to make when you meant to say "I haven't seen the document" :)

I suspect the arbitrators are putting heat on the PL to find out where the leak came from and the last thing Lawton, the person who leaked it and the PL needed is someone indicating it has been passed around.

Not a good look for Maguire, tbh. At least shows poor judgment.

We’ll have his emails as well ;)

FWIW, I've heard recently - albeit indirectly - that we should be cleared of all the main charges but could get found guilty of the non cooperation charges which would be a fine but possibly also a small points deduction. I'll add that the points deduction doesn't make any sense to me because if we only get done for non cooperation then we've not gained a sporting advantage. I'm also not buying that we've not cooperated either - sure, we'll have dug our heels in on certain things but that doesn't necessarily equate to non cooperation - but perhaps this is City offering the PL a way out of the mess that is clearly of their own making and giving them a small win to quieten the red shirt cartel clubs.

FWIW, I've heard recently - albeit indirectly - that we should be cleared of all the main charges but could get found guilty of the non cooperation charges which would be a fine but possibly also a small points deduction. I'll add that the points deduction doesn't make any sense to me because if we only get done for non cooperation then we've not gained a sporting advantage. I'm also not buying that we've not cooperated either - sure, we'll have dug our heels in on certain things but that doesn't necessarily equate to non cooperation - but perhaps this is City offering the PL a way out of the mess that is clearly of their own making and giving them a small win to quieten the red shirt cartel clubs.
Cleared of all the main charges sounds good. This would mean we have proved that the main charges were without foundation. It would seem incongruous to then uphold the non cooperation charges. Surely the onus is on the PL to bring evidence to support the charges they brought in the first place.

Sounds like shite tbf mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.