PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I take it the case went well for City this week, given the media are now pushing the latest bullshit from a convicted criminal.

As others have said, he would have released anything else before CAS. Maybe he's hoping City try to pay him off.

Either way, City have access to everything and the club are confident we'll be cleared, so I'll continue to back them over this crank.
You must have been reading my mind .... I was about to post the same thing !

Which makes it more bizarre why the mayor of Mcr writes a letter in support of Everton to the Pl and not City
He used the office and his position as Mayor Greater Manchester to lobby the PL is support of a company not in Greater Manchester I have requested from the combined authority and explanation of the abuse of the office They have 3 more days in which to reply

Let's face it, there were zero letters sent out.

Doubt there will be anything of the sort,
ever.

The club will just issue a statement, and move on.

Sky presenters will still put innocent under quotation marks, other media people will continue to talk about technicalities, 'lifted bans' despite being dound guilty by uefa, and spin it whichever way it works for them. The average fan will think whatever they want to.

The best we migbt get is Pep saying something clever from time to time, which will very quickly be talked over, and that'll be it.

And we will win some more.

I am at peace with it.
Maybe no letters but I know for sure that the club have been in contact with the BBC because I was told that they have to be careful what is said about the case by the 606 producer

I take it the case went well for City this week, given the media are now pushing the latest bullshit from a convicted criminal.

As others have said, he would have released anything else before CAS. Maybe he's hoping City try to pay him off.

Either way, City have access to everything and the club are confident we'll be cleared, so I'll continue to back them over this crank.

Agree it feelsl very much like bullshit and doubt it stands up to any basic scrutiny. For example each side we believe have already exchanged their evidence pre hearing, seems very unlikely this stuff could just magically appear and if it did City would need a lot more time to answer so would be a big further delay.

Sure our procedure experts could confirm whats allowed at this pount and how city could respond but just doesn't seem to at all stack up

How can that be determined when the hearing is still months away? This can only be someone's opinion, might be a valid one but that's as much as its is. With respect to the points deduction for non-cooperation I somewhat doubt the club will accept that, in fact Khaldoon has said in the past we wont take a "pinch" again and to offer the PL away out, why? In point of fact any punishment will be decided by the judges and the only way out for the PL would be to drop the charges
I think it will be a points deduction for non cooperation as it's been set up for this. Have a look at the Everton case, they were originally found guilt of non cooperation when they were hit with the 10 point deduction and the only reason it was reduced to 6 points on appeal was that the verdict on the non cooperation bit wasn't legally sound as apparently Everton weren't orginally charged with it (fuck knows why). So it looks to me like it's a 4 point deduction

I wonder what the legal situation is regarding evidence obtained illegally. Is there a difference between investigating on the basis of information made public, and actively co-operating with a convicted extortionist to gain access to hacked material? You would think there would be, if that is what the PL have done as Pinto claimed.

But I get most things wrong on the legal side of things, so who knows? :)
Not a lawyer but believe illegally obtained material is unusable in a court, but City have not been to court. The real question is, is the material strong enough evidence to start the UEFA investigation, or the PL investigation. Personally i always thought it was highly suggestive but not proof. As for Pinto, if he were selling, do you not think he would have sold something more valuable, the first time?
For me this is the press, trying to make up for the massive own goal, when they published `City to sue` as the 115 panel will have to reassess the independence of the investigation. The Government too will be very interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.