PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Wasn't it Deutsch bank that he robbed?
I actually remembered correctly :)

He was alleged to have stolen €300,000 from Cayman Islands-based Caledonian Bank, though he denied any wrongdoing and stated that he challenged the bank in order to show "how the Cayman Islands are largely used for tax evasion and to launder money".[7] He reached an out-of-court settlement with the Caledonian Bank in 2014 and has since refused to comment further on the incident, citing a non-disclosure agreement.[11]

Edit: from memory again I think the bank was later closed down as they were being used for money laundering. Just as well no PL teams use a Caymans Isle bank as it would look very dodgy indeed.

Last edited:
I actually remembered correctly :)

He was alleged to have stolen €300,000 from Cayman Islands-based Caledonian Bank, though he denied any wrongdoing and stated that he challenged the bank in order to show "how the Cayman Islands are largely used for tax evasion and to launder money".[7] He reached an out-of-court settlement with the Caledonian Bank in 2014 and has since refused to comment further on the incident, citing a non-disclosure agreement.[11]

hes a bit of an attention seeker really isnt he

Their doubling down puts Putin and Maga to shame...
Jj
also didnt they say it was something like 3.4tb of evidence, why would you store 3.4tb on 5 drives, it makes 0 sense, western digital do a pocket size portable hard drive for 100 quid that store 4tb or intenso do one that stores 5 tb for a similar price, so unless he has another 300 million documents up his sleeves (give or take) the 5 hard drives makes no sense.

also didnt they say it was something like 3.4tb of evidence, why would you store 3.4tb on 5 drives, it makes 0 sense, western digital do a pocket size portable hard drive for 100 quid that store 4tb or intenso do one that stores 5 tb for a similar price, so unless he has another 300 million documents up his sleeves (give or take) the 5 hard drives makes no sense.
I think the initial 3.4TB of information passed on was done so over a period of years and there is nothing younger than 2018 either, so it would have been on multiple drives at that time. Wasn't it around 5½ million documents from us alone and we certainly weren't the main focus of his hacking.

His analysis back then was bang on. Wild. £20m didn't look too shabby in 2021 did it. The stadium/campus deal looks pretty cushy now they've got world class academy players spilling out and women's international football being played on site. Wonder if he'll reflect on what has changed his end.
I think this is the point. His article back in 2011 was believable and seemed to be well thought out. Obviously, we can all change our minds as we hear other stuff but this was such a strong piece and so it's really odd that a view can swing so much.
I'm not certain if he'll edit this article now but here's what is currently on his site from August 2011 and it's well worth reading:

Attachments

• IMG_7020.jpg
    IMG_7020.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 64
I think this is the point. His article back in 2011 was believable and seemed to be well thought out. Obviously, we can all change our minds as we hear other stuff but this was such a strong piece and so it's really odd that a view can swing so much.
I'm not certain if he'll edit this article now but here's what is currently on his site from August 2011 and it's well worth reading:

It was archived 2 years ago so he can edit it all he wants (at least I think that's how the archive site works).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.