PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think this is the point. His article back in 2011 was believable and seemed to be well thought out. Obviously, we can all change our minds as we hear other stuff but this was such a strong piece and so it's really odd that a view can swing so much.
I'm not certain if he'll edit this article now but here's what is currently on his site from August 2011 and it's well worth reading:

It was archived 2 years ago so he can edit it all he wants (at least I think that's how the archive site works).

I think this is the point. His article back in 2011 was believable and seemed to be well thought out. Obviously, we can all change our minds as we hear other stuff but this was such a strong piece and so it's really odd that a view can swing so much.
I'm not certain if he'll edit this article now but here's what is currently on his site from August 2011 and it's well worth reading:

As I understand it, I think Harris used to be one of City's go-to journalists and his articles seemed to have a lot more balance back then. The fact that he's now claiming we were still a mid-table club in August 2011 when we'd just finished 3rd and won the FA Cup the previous season, then added the likes of Aguero to our squad in the summer of 2011 shows that he's completely lost the fucking plot. Clearly something has happened in the meantime for him to fall out with us so much that he's now not only spewing bile and vitriol, but is also attempting to gaslight the fuck out of us!

He was "in" at the club originally was he not? He was probably paid to write it, or "wined and dined" to write it. Something clearly happened afterwards to turn him against the club with an irrational fervour. @Prestwich_Blue and @projectriver may know what that was? Hell, maybe they even caused it :)

It certainly seems very, very personal with him.

He's has a breakdown since then and his thoughts are irrevocably scrambled. So much so that he's reduced to arguing with himself (his alternative Magic Hat persona) on X/Twitter.

In the podcast with Stefan, I think his problem on how many times this deal has increased over the years with no reasoning behind it whilst still within its 10 year period.
I don't know the ins and outs of accounting practices but I'm sure he thinks this is wrong.

As I understand it, I think Harris used to be one of City's go-to journalists and his articles seemed to have a lot more balance back then. The fact that he's now claiming we were still a mid-table club in August 2011 when we'd just finished 3rd and won the FA Cup the previous season, then added the likes of Aguero to our squad in the summer of 2011 shows that he's completely lost the fucking plot. Clearly something has happened in the meantime for him to fall out with us so much that he's now not only spewing bile and vitriol, but is also attempting to gaslight the fuck out of us!

2011 City were playing for the first time in the champions league and then five months into 2012 won a Premier League trophy. The figures on that Etihad deal had in mind what was to come and what exposure that would get them as a company being associated with City. It was hardly like the deal was being handed out to a mid table club such as West Ham or Crystal Palace who wouldn’t be anywhere near challenging for the league for the foreseeable.

In the podcast with Stefan, I think his problem on how many times this deal has increased over the years with no reasoning behind it whilst still within its 10 year period.
I don't know the ins and outs of accounting practices but I'm sure he thinks this is wrong.
Yet his August 2011 article pretty much advocates City being permitted to increase the value of the deal over the coming years if we're able to delivery sustained success, which we undeniably have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.