PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The Premier League leadership group are strangling the life out of their own product. Some people would call it pissing in your own chips. Why would you do that unless you are getting orders to do it from key stakeholders? The PL need to wake up and realise that sponsorship is a legitimate revenue source and stop trying to over regulate things. More money for the game is a good thing right?
I remember the time when Barclay's Bank sponsored the PL or the one before it and sure enough Sheikh M loaned Barclay money to prevent financial problems.
They should be careful who they accuse, they may find themselves in dire need of sponsorship from anywhere.

Let’s look at Grealish transfer & imagine it happened this summer.

£100m release clause & as an academy graduate pure profit for Villa which helps them out. Few would argue that was his value except City & Villa. I can’t believe there wouldn’t be accusations & innuendo flung at both clubs.

Do they ignore it or would they get involved?

Pretty sure. These are the next two sections:

View attachment 125369

Each club has to report all transactions over 1 million (threshold transactions). The PL then makes a determination if they are APTs or otherwise not at arms' length (this is the rule they were threatening clubs over "swap" transfers iirc). Then they do a FMV assessment and if there is a discrepancy, the club has to either cancel the contract (not for transfer of player registrations) or amend the contract and adjust cash paid/ received.

I think. :)
I'm probably reading that wrong but are they saying that, if the selling club are found to have sold the player undervalued (according to the 'independent' valuer) then the buying club has to pay more or call the whole thing off.

And vice versa, if the player is deemed to be worth less, then the buying club has to give money back or scrap it all?

I sometimes think I'm living in an alternate universe if that's the case. One where up is down and down is blue.

I'm probably reading that wrong but are they saying that, if the selling club are found to have sold the player undervalued (according to the 'independent' valuer) then the buying club has to pay more or call the whole thing off.

And vice versa, if the player is deemed to be worth less, then the buying club has to give money back or scrap it all?

I sometimes think I'm living in an alternate universe if that's the case. One where up is down and down is blue.
If that IS the case the PL can literally conspire to make certain clubs fail/pass the financial rules.

It's a few more quid for our Lord P waiting to happen in a proper court.

They are saying for player registrations the option of cancelling the contract doesn't exist, so the two clubs have to amend the contract and pay/receive extra/less.

I think.

Not sure how that works on international transfers tbh.

Not sure how any of it works legally actually.

If that IS the case the PL can literally conspire to make certain clubs fail/pass the financial rules.

It's a few more quid for our Lord P waiting to happen in a proper court.
Yes, that's it. For any transaction over 1 million, they can decide whether or not it is an APT, whether it is at arm's length or not and then they can fix the FMV at whatever they want.

Yes, I know they are using "independent" consultants, but anyone who has used consultants know they provide the person paying with the justification for pre-determined courses of action. Don't buy that independent bullshit.

Yes, that's it. For any transaction over 1 million, they can decide whether or not it is an APT, whether it is at arm's length or not and then they can fix the FMV at whatever they want.

Yes, I know they are using "independent" consultants, but anyone who has used consultants know they provide the person paying with the justification for pre-determined courses of action. Don't buy that independent bullshit.
Yep - having been one of those for many years - I can confirm that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.